Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't know what to do about work (SH)

UncleChip
    We've got a weekend in York, then a few days in Chessington. There's not much rest involved until we get to the evenings, but at least I don't have to wash up.
    Although that's not much of a problem these days as the Beta Blockers seem to be helping me with my focus issues.

I've even been able to get some of my fan-game programmed, but it's a work in progress still.
    http://fx.barcodebattler.co.uk/pokVR/
    If I can tidy up and add comments to the code, it might land me a job.

That’s great that the meds are helping
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm glad the meds are helping!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

UncleChip
    I've had a meeting with someone from a depression advice team, and after filling in some electronic surveys I noticed words to the effect of "Patient requires supervision" (I couldn't memorise it fast enough, it was on screen for barely a second).
    She's recommended some support groups for me to attend and has given me some details.

At home, my wife has been arranging for me to start driving again. I'm a bit nervous about it, but if it makes me more employable I'm all for it.

Was this via work?

Why did you stop driving, can I ask?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

UncleChip
    It was via my GP.

Initially I stopped driving after passing my test because I didn't have the money to buy a car, but as the years passed I lost the confidence I'd gained after passing my test. Which wasn't much - the examiner commented it was the worst pass he'd seen.

CaterpillarGirl
    My test was so bad the examiner stopped me halfway through and we had to walk back to the teacher at centre, I'd love to be able to drive I think it opens up a whole new world, I really hope you find the confidence to get back to it but I'd not you can still do great things without it my dad never learnt to drive and he's 64 now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

Why not do something like the pass plus course or similar? It'll get you back driving with an instructor and build your confidence..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

A worse pass is still a pass, lovely

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post: