Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are depressed people unloyal? *explicit trigger*

Angel Of The Morning
    Yes, me and my girlfriend

Mira
    I remember when I was a lot younger (not that old yet though) I once had a dream about my best friends girlfriend. I felt horrible about it and guilty. Until later I was thinking why? I did nothing wrong. Never acted on it so its no big deal.

I overthink and analyze everything. To the point where nothing feels ligit or true.

If its possible just try to enjoy the times with your girlfriend and dreams are just dreams. They are not reality.

Oh I was way to mature at your age. Its totaly ok

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-03-18),The_Scientist (09-03-18)

Angel Of The Morning
    Well, I are very right. I just overthinked the situation maybe. Thanks!

So the first thing to say is that depression can make us feel detached from the people close to us, and also like we're not good enough for them. As someone who's recently entered into a new relationship, this is something i also experience. It'd be well worth speaking to you psychologist about this.

Do you mind if i ask how long you and your girlfriend have been together? does she know about your depression? I'm not going to suggest that you necessarily should or shouldn't talk about it with her, but it might help if she can understand what you're going through.

As for thinking/dreaming about other people, it's perfectly natural, and as others have said, it's perfectly fine as long as you don't act on it. I'm fortunate that my boyfriend and I can check out guys together (im guessing this is less of an option for you) but neither of us want an open relationship and we're respectful of that. we all find a range of body types and facial features etc attractive, and that doesn't stop being the case just because we find a partner.

Angel Of The Morning
    We've been together for five months and she knows about my depression but we're kinda breaking up right now so nevermind...

Why are you breaking up? I'm sorry to hear that...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Angel Of The Morning
    Well, we didn't break up in the end. It was just a pretty bad fight

OK, as long as you're OK.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Fights happen, I’m afraid, I’m glad you both dealt with it and hope you’ve forgiven each other
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.