Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to the forum

Music is something that helps loads of people, but it's not going to get deep to the real reasons why you are struggling in the first place.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

DLT67
    I find what causes me to breakdown the most is losing my temper with my family cos their innocent parties who don't deserve it

I know if I could find a job where I could work a goods few year my mood would improve enormously but I appreciate what your saying Suzi and thank you

The main crux of the problem is I was bullied at school pretty much from day one it wasn't physical abuse it was always to mess with my mentally and emotionally and I have never recovered from that
    Last edited by Suzi; 23-02-18 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DLT67 View Post
    I find that getting lost in the music makes me feel a whole lot better
    I can totally relate to this. Being submerged in music is the best possible way to get through but I also know that even with the passion I have for music there are times when I simply can’t tolerate it and it seems like nothing but noise. Depression does that, saps all the joy out of everything and leaves you feeling empty inside to the point where life seems pointless and you just can’t function. One of things that helps me to keep going is medication. It doesn’t cure me and it took many years and different meds til I found a combo that worked for me. I still have bad days but it allows me to function on a daily basis but meds on there own aren’t the answer. I’ve tried CBT, counselling, confidence courses, support groups etc. Not everything works for everyone but I found that parts of these things were helpful and put them into my toolbox for future use to get me through. My advice is not to limit yourself to what treatments you go for. Try everything, maybe more that once cos eventually things will start to click into place and you can develop your own way of coping with the various tools you picked up along the way.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Paula (26-02-18),Suzi (23-02-18)

Stella is right. Music is amazing and it's got me through the best of times and the worst of times - but there have been times when it's not enough and no substitute for professional help..

DLT67
    I see what your all saying however if I couldn't play guitar I'd be in a much worse position than I am now that's what I believe anyway.

Compared with the drugs and the counseling music has gave me a better way to deal with my mental health and I'll continue to play my music for as long as I can

We all have our own ways to cope, so fair enough. I just hope you just bear in mind what we’ve said and don’t dismiss alternative treatments
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm glad that music helps you. I know that I struggle massively without music - playing/listening/singing etc, but I also know that it's not going to be able to get to the root of my issues and certainly isn't going to cure my medical issues... If it works for you then that's brilliant.

DLT67
    Not only do I understand I'm incredibly humbled that you take time out your days to talk to me its brilliant and I appreciate all you've said so far

From the bottom of my heart thank you

You're more than welcome x