Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Yes I will call the Samaritans if I need to.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I emailed the Samaritans last night. I feel a bit better today but trying to take it easy, however taking Dad out in a bit then going over to a friend to help her with her budgeting

Glad you called them when you needed to... Glad you are feeling even a little brighter.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Well done for contacting them
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It's been a tough day. Started with a call from carelink to say that my Dad had pressed his alarm but they could get no response from him. Rushed down to his place to find him on the floor where apparently he had been for 2 hours. he had put his alarm on the hook on the bathroom door and so when he fell it was out of reach. Not quite sure giw ge eventually got to it. Hubby came down and between us we got him up. He is fine but i am taking him to the doctors tomorrow. After I had taken him to Costa for breakfast he was a lot better. Then I went to arty to try and reassure her that her finances were fine by doing a budget with her. Then back home for an hour before running the evening class. H has a stinking cold and I am coming down with it. My throat has felt like sandpaper all afternoon.

how’s your dad today? How are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Taking Dad to the doctors later to get him checked over. I am a little wobbly today. Yesterday was a bit much. However today is full on as well. As well as taking him I have to get 3 cows off to Scotland, do the banking, take a private class, make some pottery and teach a class tonight.

Can any of it wait - like making the pottery as you can't change the lessons?
    Hope your Dad is OK lovely. It's such a worry when they are ill.

Dad is fine. His bp is really low so she has taken him off all his blood pressure meds. Go back in three weeks.
    I am having a bit of a rest before the private lesson at 1.30. Dad wanted me to change his duvet cover after we came out the docs..."just a 5 minute job" but I knew for me it would cost me far too many spoons on an otherwise packed day.

Well done for knowing you needed rest more than doing a duvet! Glad he's OK.