Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

You'll look great I've seen pics of you on FB plus a local video you did Humans of Weston #32 - Interview with Penny you looked brilliant and oozed confidence.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Pen (19-07-18)

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I was glad to get to bed last night. My head is racing away with ideas of things to make at the moment. Not enough hours in the day. Another cow order came in last night, I just think I might be able to get ahead with the cows and another order comes in! I am trying to pace (honestly ) by writing a list every day of what to do that day to try and stop myself from going off track and making little animals.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

You really do have so many pots on the stove right now. Can you focus on priorities? Can you train H+A to help make the animals?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

If I train A and H I would have to pay them, something I can't afford to do at the moment.

After yesterday I am just so tired. I have already had a 20 minutes nap before taking Dad out but now I am back I am ready for another one!

The thing is lovely, there's only a certain amount of hours in the day and you and I both know that you running full steam all of the time only ever leads to your health heading to crisis.... Maybe you can't afford not to train them?

Pen, lovely, you’ve got two options, as I see it. You either reduce the amount of work you do or get help- whatever form that help takes. You’re overstretched and that never leads to anything good .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I know but I am on a high at the moment and feel like I can conquer the world single handed. This afternoon I set a new personal best and made 6 cows, including 3 with butterflies in their noses, in under 2 hours. (Previously I was making at a rate of 25 minutes a cow). I sold two owls to Texas and glazed my pocket pet adoption centre whilst running a class. I find it difficult to imagine a crash may come when I am like this.

But you know it will...... Please, please, please try to pace

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    I find it difficult to imagine a crash may come when I am like this.
    And yet your most recent crash was just a couple of months ago. If that had been a couple of years ago, then maybe you could afford to be more complacent but it wasn’t, so you can’t. Sweetie, you have to start being honest with yourself
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-07-18)