Page 58 of 114 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

How about raising the prices of your classes and items, have you compared your prices with other places/items, you've probably looked in to this so just a thought.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    It is something I plan to do as well as asking people to pay on a per term basis.

Apparently things are not cool between me and J... We had a lovely chat on Thursday but she showed up this afternoon when the rest of the crew were over and said she had an announcement to make, that she was leaving and not coming back. She came to collect her stuff. She will not be taking the disabled group which was going to run till September and so I will have to call everyone and say that the group is no more without being able to give them warning. I am quite upset by it all
    Last edited by Suzi; 16-06-18 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Do you know why she's changed her mind?

Do you know anyone else who would be prepared to take it? Is it "just" this class that she was taking?
    So who do you have as staff now and what are their responsibilities?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Do you know why she's changed her mind?

Do you know anyone else who would be prepared to take it? Is it "just" this class that she was taking?
    So who do you have as staff now and what are their responsibilities?
    No idea why she has done this. I have no one else who can take a group during the day. She was just taking this class now. It feels a bit like she has cut off her nose to spite her face as I know she has very little money coming in from elsewhere and I would have thought a small guaranteed income for the next 8 weeks was better than nothing.
    I have Max who will take 4 of my classes. Arty does some cleaning and H and A do bits and pieces

Then your focus has to be on what classes you are able to cover and your pricing structures so that you are actually being paid what you’re worth. . What’s done is done - hard as it is - and you need to look forward
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree with Paula. No point running any classes at a loss - I assume you're paying Max for taking the classes?
    Also paying termly or half termly is common with everything else, so why not with you too? That way if only 1 person turns up then you've still made the same money itms?

Yes I pay Max.
    Finally finished planting the garden. Hubby has been repainting my garden bench and gate. I left it to him to choose the colour and he has done them in bright purple! Not usually a colour he would choose but I am loving it. However he only got half way along the fence before he ran out so I hope he had a chance to finish it before our charity garden party next Sunday

I love purple!
    Your charity event sounds lovely!

Right back to work today!
    If I hide under the duvet do you think they will find me?

Charity garden parties are fun I went to one up the road here last year and had a really good time.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"