Page 34 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

How does the cost compare to, say, having to pay for someone to cover more classes because you’re exhausted? Can you afford to completely crash and have to cancel classes?

Hunni, it seems clear to us all that you have to change how you’re doing this, to have to actually commit to changes rather than putting it to one side to deal with another day. I’m sorry if it sounds harsh but you have this cycle where you crash, open up to us, admit you need help, get a bit better and forget about all the lessons you learned during the crash. Then you keep pushing until the next crash and the cycle repeats.

You simply cannot continue to do this and I, for one, care too much about you to let you carry on without saying something in the hope it sinks in
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Most of the admin is automated and actually does not take much time. What really does eat into my time is dealing with the work the students create during the classes. It is surprising the amount of time I spend rearranging drying work so it dries evenly, loading the kilns, unloading the kilns, checking that students have cleaned glaze off the bottom of pots, repairing work that has been damaged during drying, clear glazing work from parties and introductory sessions, marking pieces up from parties etc so they can be reunited with their makers eventually. I would really like H to work more hours and do all this but it needs doing everyday and she is unwilling to work more hours.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I completely agree with Paula.
    What about getting a student in to help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Had a really bad day today. I made an emergency appointment with the docs but she was no help.

What happened lovely? What did they say?

She did not know what to say. Just told me to call the Crisis team. However this morning she has asked the office staff to get me an appointment with the mental health nurse this afternoon.

I called the crisis team this morning. Had a chat. He pointed out the obvious that I need to cancel classes or make other arrangements till I recover. Seeing the M H nurse at 3. I have a half hour appointment so hopefully it will help. Hubby stayed the night last night as he decided he could not leave me in the state I was in. I am at a loss to know what to do about tonight's class. H is suffering from period and kidney pains, M who has been helping out with other classes has to work till 10 tonight. Can't decide if I should run it myself, ask I if she can cover or cancel.

Can H not take a couple of painkillers and at least help if you decide to run it?

I'm really glad you have an appointment and that the crisis team are aware...

I have cancelled it after discussing it with both the MH nurse and the crisis team. I am going back to see the nurse on Tuesday.

Good
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.