Page 29 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

That's a really good idea Paula..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Oh when we see them we will tell them.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

I agree with Paula a pre-emptive strike might be better. Not sure I'd want to go back somewhere if they were questioning my honesty....

The group were fine about it. They love pottery too much to be worried.
    It's been a couple of really busy days. With the two classes yesterday and two parties today. I never usually take 2 parties in one day but there was a booking mixup. Thankfully my friend M could help. I will pay her for today as I could not have coped without her. The first party was for 11 year old girls. Normally my maximum is 8 but she brought 10 kids. Did did say that her other 2 kids could sit and watch but I am not that cruel! It did mean I was out in the studio at 9.30 this morning rearranging things to make sure I could squeeze them in. The party was for 11 but they turned up at 10.40 whilst I was still washing tables. The second party was at 2 and was, I thought 5 adults. 8 turned up. M and I had to do some frantic rearranging of the kids party makes. The adults arrived 30 minutes early...
    We finally packed them off at 4 o'clock.
    I am wondering if I charge enough. This is the first time I have paid M for her invaluable work. We make a good team. Her supervising the hand building whilst I give everyone in turn a chance to make something on the wheel. However paying M makes quite a dent in the profit. For the kids hour and a half party I charge £70 for up to 5 kids then £13 a child thereafter. For adult and family parties which are 2 hours I charge £80 for up to 5 people and £13 per person thereafter. I am thinking of making it £16 per person. I have no idea what people would find a fair price. What do you all think?

So the extra people are currently paying less than the first 5. Definitely need to look at your pricing structure.

I agree, your pricing structure seems very balanced in other people's favour!

£16 for two hours (I think it is 2 hours) is more than fair because you supply all the materials as well, plus there's kiln time plus all the preparation you do too.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    So the extra people are currently paying less than the first 5. Definitely need to look at your pricing structure.
    The first few includes setup costs which is why extras cost less. I think if you have 8 people it works out at £15 a head.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    £16 for two hours (I think it is 2 hours) is more than fair because you supply all the materials as well, plus there's kiln time plus all the preparation you do too.
    I have been looking at the competition. Our local paint your own pottery shop has closed and they now just visit people's venues for parties. They charge £10 a head but it does not say if that covers the cost of the pottery as well. Other potters further afield charge between £18 and £25 a head. However the higher costing one includes food.
    I have been looking at the competition. Our local paint your own pottery place charges

I think £15-16 a head is reasonable.