Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1137

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    I wish people would stop saying in an amazing friend I'm not really.
    I think I may have found someone to help with making some of the Scottish pieces. Ian is a new volunteer and he is as crazy as me plus also very talented. He is going to have a go at making red squirrels with kilts, cabers, scarves and so on. It will leave me free for sheep and cows lol.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

You may not see yourself as amazing but there aren't many people who would give up their bed to go and stay with someone to try to keep them safe.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

^^^wss
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Had a lovely evening out tonight with h. It was her birthday yesterday and out was my turn to spend some quality time with her. It actually was a business meeting with dinner for £20 each we had three courses and the vegetarian options meant we were spoilt for choice. We think we may do that on the first Saturday of the month here on in!
    The meeting did highlight how little manufacturing time we have left of we want to sell stuff for Christmas. We actually have just three weeks duo we are going to be busy.

Happy belated birthday, H!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Happy belated birthday H! Sounds like a lovely evening!

H pointed out art the weekend that it's not 3 weeks it's 2! Made 6 cows today which was my target. I would have carried on but I was worried about early fireworks so called it a day at around 3.30.
    I went for my blood test this morning, much good it will do it I was told by the receptionist that I could not book an appointment with the diabetes nurse as she had left and they were not sure when the new one will start. Just when you think the practise can't get any worst they find a way!
    Been a bit hyper today with lots of plans but will be working hard the next few weeks. Ugg... 10.50 and another firework has just gone off. Ember nd been so upset that she has just deposited her dinner on my bedroom floor!!!

Poor Ember

The effect of fireworks on pets is horrible. We've been dosing Moiya up to help her calm down a bit. Just when we thought they were all over last night they started again - still going off past midnight.

It's been a rather stressful week here. Apart from the normal situation here of working our butts off, H has thrown A out.
    She decided she had had enough of his attitude. He no longer seems to love her. Since he stated work he has become more and more lazy. He never does his share of the housework without being nagged. He spends most of his free time with his mates. He did not give H a birthday present. He does not give her housekeeping money. He expects her to pay for his car, repairs, tax etc. Despite earning much more than her and she has now realised he has been helping himself to the contents of her bank account, even on one occasion taking her full weeks wages. She paid off his debt a few months ago only to find he had racked up an even bigger one now. Finally she cracked and told him she wanted him out. He just packed up his stuff and left. He did not even try and deny the allegations that he had been taking her money, or try to fight to stay. Since he went last night she has heard nothing from him. She is now wondering if she did the right thing, but this was the fourth time she had reached this point with him and I think it is. I don't want him back under my roof. When he was sacked from his last job as money went missing he persuaded us that he was innocent but now I start to wonder. I also am wondering if the reason the pottery was struggling back in July was that he was helping himself to the cash box.