Page 1 of 114 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset

Running off a cliff *potential SU trigger*

Hi
    It's been a busy few weeks. My business has grown to a point where I am so busy that I am at the point of having more work than I can deal with. It has meant that I have not been very nice. I am feeling close to rushing off the cliff and crashing again
    Last edited by Paula; 18-02-18 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Adding trigger warning as per DWD policy
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

Sorry you’re struggling, it does often seem that too much work is a trigger. Can you not reduce the amount of classes you’re doing? Surely working that hard isnt worth the impact it has on your MH? Does H know how you’re feeling? Are you using your distraction box?

Btw, I’ve added a potential trigger warning to the thread
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I am trying to spread the workload and now pay someone to run all the daytime classes, however I am a victim of my own success. The first two batches of my ceramic highland cows went off this week (40 small and 13 big) one of the gift shop owners picked them up they were delighted and said they were better than the ones they had before. I am a bit concerned about keeping up with orders. On top of that I have given both stores some of my little houses on dishes to see if they maybe interested in them as well. Also this week I made a mould of a cow head wall hanging, the idea being that I can get others to make them and I just finish and glaze them. Hopefully the gift shops will take them or I will have to find another shop in Scotland. On Tuesday I am also taking my driftwood sculptures to a gift shop/gallery in the next (slightly posher) town in the hope he might take them. I am also going to take some photos of my garden sculptures to see if he will take them as well. We talked to him last summer and said he would like to see the stuff with a view to offering them in his gallery.

I saw the mh nurse a few weeks ago as I been so much better on the new meds and wanted to make sure that they did not stop them. She asked if I was taking it a bit easier. I just laughed.

Pen, I'm glad you're getting someone in to run the classes. I'm thrilled for you that you're so busy, but can you now take it a little slower once you get some stock into those shops?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You are doing so well Pen & really recognising when you need help or to slow down. It’s good that you have a shut down week this week.
    One day at a time ....😃

It will be good to be able to clear the shelves of stuff for firing and maybe slip in some of my own projects between everything else I need to do.

I was hoping you were going to take a couple of days off.....

Maybe. I have today made 3 cows and trimmed some pots. Exhaustion caught up with me later though and I had to have a lie down. Tomorrow I am taking some work to a new gallery to see if they will take ithe. Coffee and cake may be involved as well.

No one can carry on at that kind of pace without a break.. You need to allow yourself time to settle a bit - how's hubby after his brother's funeral?