Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What does he mean?

Niffler
    Thanks Suzi, whilst I’m not comparing whatsoever as we haven’t been together so long but although he is older I’m not sure he has had anyone who has tried to understand him and care for him so he’s still learning if that makes sense?!? I think that’s what happened with me the other day. I snapped because I always walk on eggshells but I’m just hoping he’ll come back and we can communicate better. He says he is struggling with our relationship but I don’t know why?!

You both seem like you love each other very much and work hard to be a good team. It’s lovely, love and support is so very important and I just hope my BF sees that that’s all I want for us

The times when I’ve struggled most with my marriage have been when things have been at their worst and, far from my emotions being all over the place, I actually feel dead inside. There’s no emotion going on because I bury it to protect myself. I know in my head that I love my husband but I don’t actually feel it itms. Maybe it’s similar for your OH?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Niffler
    Thanks for the insight Paula, I can appreciate it must be so hard when you are struggling. I want to understand so much. I never know whether he wants me give up on him but I am not willing to do that? Am I being silly?

Paula - that's what Marc said to me. One day I told him I loved him and he told me that while he didn't feel that he loved me, he didn't feel anything. He knew that he had loved me before he crashed and he didn't think that would have changed, but he just didn't feel it. The same for our children. It hurt so much, but I knew that I had asked for honesty, I got honesty. So I told him that I loved him and our children enough for both of us and we'd carry on that way until he did know one way or another. That's what we did... and now he says that he loves me enough that he'd die for me.....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Niffler

Niffler
    Ok so I have woke up this morning feeling terrible and I am not sure whether I should message him.....��

Why not focus on you?

Niffler
    Yeah I’m trying just been for lunch with a friend. And have a plan to do a list of things I want to sort in the house. That will help off for a walk with my dog for some fresh air

Good for you!

What sort of dog have you got?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.