Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does any 1 go to an meeting for this rubbish illne

Juicylucy

Does any 1 go to an meeting for this rubbish illne

How do you go about it.

Mind is the mental health charity in the U.K. and some of the local centres do offer groups that might help. We have a list of helplines and resources in the U.K. and Ireland http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....UK-amp-Ireland
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Juicylucy
    Thanks. Do I have to get refered by my own GP. havent reallt got the confidence to walk into somewhere new.
    Just yet. Xx

No referral needed. Give them a call and see what they suggest
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Juicylucy
    Have you ever been to a group where they all to talk about this horrible illness. X

Yes, here. For me, this is the support I need but we all need different support

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (17-02-18)

Juicylucy
    St the group is it just based on depression or other things x

The only group based therapy I’ve experienced was a CBT course which was just like a classroom based situation. I’ve also attended a Confidence course. We have a group locally called Survivors but it’s more like a community thing where you can just do your own thing, read a paper, get something to eat, colouring and art, play snooker etc. I went but I just felt like an outsider and rarely interacted which defeated the object. They would arrange day trips and parties and stuff and you could sign up for free swimming sessions which was cool I suppose but no one sat around talking about their illnesses and how they were feeling. But as Paula said that’s what this place is all about.

Juicylucy
    I couldn't go if it wasn't based on the horrible illness. Xx

Have you had a look locally to see what there is in your area?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!