Thread: Why do I still feel like I'm sinking?

Lizzymoo80

Why do I still feel like I'm sinking?

Hey all, so this is hard isn't it? I've typed out a hundred posts recently but deleted them all because they but sound stupid!
    I've lived with depression for 20+ years and I still don't understand it one bit.
    Why can't I deal with problems the same way as others? Why do I hide who I am? Why, even though I'm taking medication do I find some days such a struggle?
    I'm a mum, a wife, I work full time, own a home, and have some lovely friends and I am really grateful for it all but I want to feel it like a normal person, not go into meltdown because I'm ashamed I can't keep things tidy, or freak out at the thought of people coming into my home, and go into total free fall when I've missed a bill payment and am terrified at th he though of actually having to deal with it. Why can't I deal with it??

If you find the answer feel free to share it with me. I could’ve written most of that myself and totally get how you feel. I am accused of being too hard on myself but if I don’t push myself things will only get worse so how do you find the right balance? Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but wanted to let you know you’re not alone.

Hi and welcome to DWD. I also don't have those magic answers either - I don't think anyone does. But I do know that you can get through this...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

TiffanyyO
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi and welcome to DWD. I also don't have those magic answers either - I don't think anyone does. But I do know that you can get through this...
    ♥ agreed

Lizzymoo80
    Thanks guys, I know there is no simple answer, I guess if there were there'd be no need for supports forums like this. Today is a good day, I'm up, dressed, dog walked and kids happy, I'm proud of myself for that so I'm chalking today up as a win. Hope it's a good one for you too x

Go you! You're doing great! Remember to pace yourself though so you don't have to deal with burnout tomorrow..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Lizzy and welcome. Ido suspect that, if you could read minds, there’d be more people who are asking those same questions than you think. I also suspect you’re very good at putting your game face on. You’ll find a lot of members here who completely understand you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.