Thread: Getting to know you

Getting to know you

Just for fun...

1. What’s the first concert you attended?

2. Where in the world would you most to visit?

3. What was your first job?

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be?

5. If you could change your name, what would it be?

6. What was your favorite subject in school?

7. What song would you sing on karaoke?

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat?

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be?

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why?

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid?

12. What’s one of your favorite memories?

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time?

17. What’s your guilty pleasure?

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you?

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently?

20. What are you most afraid of?
    In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.
    Janet Jackson

1. What’s the first concert you attended? Wet Wet Wet at the Docklands

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Canada

3. What was your first job? Reception in a car showroom

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? 3 legged race - I already have a head start

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? I always wanted to be called Claire

6. What was your favorite subject in school? English

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? Pour some sugar on me, Def Leppard

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Cheese

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Julia Roberts

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? Holly Willoughby - cos she has gorgeous shoes!

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Journalist

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Si coming up to the psych hospital every evening to be with me and play board games. It was then I realised how much he loved me, despite everything

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Relax, it’ll all work itself out

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Antiques

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? To trust in God’s plan for me

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? A huge capacity for love

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Dr Pimple Popper YouTube videos

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Strong, loyal, loving

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? Nothing. Everything that’s happened has led me to now, and this is where I’m supposed to be

20. What are you most afraid of? Flying, heights, ants
    Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

1. What’s the first concert you attended? Meatloaf Bat out of Hell II at Bournemouth

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Iceland

3. What was your first job? Waitress

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? Archery - looks so seriously cool

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? I kinda did, I shortened it which works for me

6. What was your favorite subject in school? Music and History

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? What's up? Four Non Blondes

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Baked potatoes I think

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Someone epic. Dawn French

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? The Queen, so I could dissolve parliament and get a fairer government in place.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Long distance Lorry driver

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Taking the kids on "a short walk up a little hill" that nearly killed us all at Breen in Somerset. Was much more than a little hill and it was amazing.

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Hang on in there, it all works out in the end

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Psychiatry

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Throw those pregnancy and baby development books away.

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Intelligent conversation, Loyality, general awesomeness

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? I have lots....

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Stubborn, Loyal and Difficult lol

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? I wouldn't have stopped teaching when I did

20. What are you most afraid of? Lots of things - mostly being a burden
    There's only us, There's only this, Forget regret, Or life is your to miss,
    No other road, No other way, No day but today. (Rent. Jonathan Larson)

Look! I'm walking a marathon in May for the British Heart Foundation!
    Sponsor me if you fancy! No pressure, cheerleaders needed too!

https://mymarathon18.everydayhero.com/uk/s-shaw

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    1. What’s the first concert you attended? The Killers

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Iceland

3. What was your first job? Classroom Support Assistant

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? Speed reading!!!

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? Alexandra

6. What was your favorite subject in school? Geography

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? If... The Bluetones

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Moussaka

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Melissa McCarthy

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? A child, any child, just to have a day where things are simpler and I have no responsibility.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Nurse

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Meeting Bryan Robson

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Don't lose faith

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Psychiatry

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Be kind to yourself

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Intelligence, kindness, friendliness

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Tuc cheese sandwish biscuits, too much so

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Kind, caring, empathetic

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? Nothing, it's made me who I am today

20. What are you most afraid of? worms, always being alone
    Tęn përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    1. What’s the first concert you attended? Not been to one yet

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Canada

3. What was your first job? Office junior at a rose breeders

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? Egg and spoon race

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? I have sort of already

6. What was your favorite subject in school? History

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? Try by P!nk

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Bangers and mash with gravy (no onions in the gravy)

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Helen Mirren

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? I have no idea

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? A police women

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? My time spent at my Grandparents an Aunt and Uncles cant differentiate between the two

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? To follow my dreams and not let anyone else try and stop me

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? My art programmes

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Trust my own instincts

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Loyalty and empathy and being able to trust

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Watching Youtube

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Stubborn, caring, giving and loyal

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? Everything apart from having my kids

20. What are you most afraid of? Heights, needles, looking down from a height

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    1. What’s the first concert you attended? Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene 7-13 tour in 1997 at the NEC in birmingham

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? JAPAN!

3. What was your first job? On a checkout in Morrisons while studying at college.

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? Patience with M&E engineers....

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? Squall (FF7 reference)

6. What was your favorite subject in school? Technology (not food but woodwork etc)

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? Dogs by pink floyd

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? strawberrys

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Morgan Freeman

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? Bill gates, tech house big mansion, cool stuff.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Fireman

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Month in Norway

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Don't move in with a long term friend as it spoiled a friendship when his gf shoehorneed herself in to our lives.

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? everything

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Look after yourself over others.

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Patience, comfort, none judgemental and a cuddler.

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? chocolate.....

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? caring, funny, compasionate

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? fight back against many things.

20. What are you most afraid of? Being shut out of everyones lives i.e totally abandoned.

This is a awesome idea

1. What’s the first concert you attended? That was in '95 the Rolling Stones in Rotterdam.

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Japan.

3. What was your first job? Weekend job cleaning dishes in a restauraunt.

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? I would love to win a medal in bobsleigh.

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? My mother first wanted to call me Thomas, I always loved that name.

6. What was your favorite subject in school? History.

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? Ain't to proud to beg by the Temptations.

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Sauerkraut with mashed patatoes.

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Gabriel Macht

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? Wow so many people. My brother, I would like to understand him better.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? First mate on a ship.

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Good times with family

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Eventhough you will always feel you are stupid you can get a good eductation and try your best to make it work this time.

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Electrical Enginering, or history??? Can not choose.....

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Do these thoughts you have now help you or hurt you? Made me think about my own thoughts more.

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Honousty, considerate, friendly.

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Watching movies people say are for girls

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Caring, friendly, funny.

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what would you do differently? My education.

20. What are you most afraid of? People not liking me, heights.

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post

1. What’s the first concert you attended? U2 in Cork in 1985

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? Australia

3. What was your first job? Making donuts in my uncles bakery (aged about 14)

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? 10 pin bowling

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? I always fancied Jessica

6. What was your favorite subject in school? Accountancy

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? Paradise by the dash board light - Meatloaf

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Chicken

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Ophra Winfrey

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? Ellen DeGeneres, she is such a lovely person

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Teacher

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? Being in London with my mum.

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Try everything once

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? DIY

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Hang in there.

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Patience, trust and honesty.

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Diet coke

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Kind, honest and trustful

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently? Get married and have Aisling a lot earlier

I hate creepy crawlies, mice, heights, cabbage and being alone.

1. What’s the first concert you attended? Michael Jackson at Wembley

2. Where in the world would you most to visit? USA and drive Route 66 ina classic Mustang.

3. What was your first job? Paper Round

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be? Javelin

5. If you could change your name, what would it be? I dunno. Steph maybe?

6. What was your favorite subject in school? Maths and PE

7. What song would you sing on karaoke? I will survive - Gloria Gaynor

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat? Roast dinner

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be? Rebel Wilson

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why? Michael Jackson. I know he’s dead but would’ve loved to know how his mind worked.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid? Police officer

12. What’s one of your favorite memories? My eldest lad as a toddler going through a phase of shrugging his shoulders the saying “I don’t know” in cutest way. Still makes me smile now.

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self? Don’t waste your time on people who only want to take what you have and give nothing in return.

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Music

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given? Don’t eat yellow snow

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time? Honesty, empathy, kindness and fun loving

17. What’s your guilty pleasure? Cheesy 80s tunes

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you? Funny, independent, stubborn

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what would you do differently? This is gonna sound awful but, I wouldn’t get with the father of my kids

20. What are you most afraid of? Heights, getting hurt.
    In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.
    Janet Jackson

1. 1. What’s the first concert you attended?

the spice girls (yes, girl power!)

2. Where in the world would you most to visit?

greace. I love mythology

3. What was your first job?

never worked

4. If you could win an Olympic medal for any sport, real or fake, what would it be?

gold in something.... probably a throwing event like javilyn

5. If you could change your name, what would it be?

theresa

6. What was your favorite subject in school?

english

7. What song would you sing on karaoke?

bonnie tyler- lost in france

8. If you had to eat one thing for every meal going forward, what would you eat?

sausages (or to me more to the point, toad in the hole)

9. If someone were to play you in a movie, who would you want it to be?

emma thompson

10. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes, whose would they be? Why?

difficult one, but I guess it would have to be a comedian (someonel ikem aranda heart), just so I can get the oppotunity to make everyone laugh.

11. What’s the first career you dreamed of having as a kid?

paramedic (like the ambulence crews)

12. What’s one of your favorite memories?

snuggling my big stuffed dog that I had for years and years

13. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 18-year-old self?

life isn't easy. get ready

14. If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

mind reading (yes I know. )

15. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?

live each day like it's your last

16. What qualities do you value in the people with whom you spend time?

good sense of humour, good listener, open to new ideas, someone who loves hugs (yes, I know).

17. What’s your guilty pleasure?

listening to the song save your love by renae and rinato (I can listen to it a million times and stil love it)

18. Choose 3 words that best describe you?

kind, funny, honest

19. If you could have one ‘do over’ in your life, what wouldyou do differently?

pay more attention in school. sucked badly at it

flying insects!