Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanting to run away *SH trigger*

You can just write a bullet point list and hand that over?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Dark_Baphomet
    It takes me ages and there is so much to get through, I don't trust anyone so opening up to random isn't generally something I can do unless over text. I have an appointment with my go next week and I should be back on my motorcycle by then as well so that means I can get to the surgery easier to pick up my meds and drop off repeat prescription slips. I'm also going to ask my go to reopen my physiotherapy so I can get my leg better

Dark_Baphomet
    That bullet point list would be very long, and with something that has gone on so many years even if I did that, if I had any problems I probably wouldn't be able to talk to them about it which would be a major issue. He said he would keep me there as long as possible for that reason, because when my leg was fixed it was assumed I would be more stable but now this has happened so I guess not

The thing is that you need to prioritise your health. You are putting so many obstacles in your way - Write that list, it will help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JustEM
    It doesn't matter if it takes you ages to write the list. Some things just really are worth taking the time out for and right now improving your health is absolutely paramount. So take the time and write that list.... You're worth it.

Try not to worry too much about your GP appointment. You'll be opening up to somebody who already knows in advance that you're apprehensive and for that very reason has actually offered to give you as much time as possible in your appointment. That in itself is reassuring. Your GP sounds very considerate, perceptive and caring to me.

You also won't be telling the GP something that they haven't heard before. They're not there to judge you but only to help you. It's their job to help.

Perhaps you could firstly just write down (for the benefit of your own healing) absolutely everything possible that you think could go on the list. That way, you'll be getting everything out of your system first and this might feel like a great release for you. From there, then you could bullet point the main most important parts on a different list for the Doctor. I hope that helps.

There's no pressure to have to tell the Doctor absolutely every detail. For example, I have anorexia and if I went to the GP to explain my symptoms it would be enough for me to say 'I'm restricting my food intake' without needing to describe every single behaviour and reason behind this. I would just add to what level I was restricting (e.g. Severely, slightly) and how often (e.g. Every day, now and again.) The same idea could be applied to whatever struggles you are facing right now, perhaps? I hope that makes sense and helps you a little?

You could always hand the list to the Doctor to read if you didn't feel comfortable talking all that much.

Take care of yourself. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Em x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustEM For This Useful Post:

Paula (12-01-18),Suzi (12-01-18)