Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Living nightmare- Trigger Warning

ARe you working the two jobs because you are struggling financially?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Dark_Baphomet
    No, so that I don't have to struggle financially

But could you cope with just one job? Is the sacrifice to your mental health worth the extra job?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Can you not apply for financial help if you need it rather than hurting your own mental health..

JustEM
    Nobody and no God would ever want to torture or punish you, hun. You are worth so much and deserve happiness, good health and all the support you need.

I agree with Suzi, check into student finances. Could any of your family help with finances?

Is it because of your roommate not paying up that you're struggling financially?

Could you work more hours on one of the days instead so that you at least get one day to yourself?

Hope everything goes well at physio this week. Hope you're okay. Things can and will get better.

Take care xx

Dark_Baphomet
    Thanks. Maybe when I have my motorbike I might be able to cut down on work but at the moment it's costing me £130 a month in travel costs, along with food, like £100 And bills like £60ish and housemate puts an extra maybe £20 if I'm lucky, then dailies contact lenses, art supplies, pills extra travel, uni costs, rent blah blah blah. If I cut to one job now basically I'd be scraping by, and when I broke my leg I found out how depressing that can be, so I think working myself to death us the better option if the two at the moment. Going to talk to a manager and see if I can transfer to a Canterbury store so it's less travel time and look for something nicer in town, cause working in a superstore isn't exactly doing wonders for my health

Dark_Baphomet
    And family technically yes but it would just be a reason for my mother to guilt trip me and make me feel bad later so only if I'm absolutely desperate because I'm like an abuse whore, she gives me money so it gives her the right to be abusive and I can't complain because I owe her. Life is just great fun in my experience lol ��

But working the way you are right now isn't giving you any quality of life at all.

Are there other ways you can cut back on your costs? Would moving help?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JustEM
    Hey!

Suzi's made a great point. If the travelling, hours, costs and the actual job itself aren't helping your health then...

Travel is clearly the biggest expense you could reduce. Any local shops, bars or cafes etc. within walking distance of where you live that you could hand some CVs into? I've worked I'm catering and from my experience, food places are aaaaalways looking for staff. You'll even get tips if you try waitressing!

Paula made a good point about moving. Do you live far from the university, too? You could look for somewhere with lower rent and less travel costs required plus you'll be able to share with a different paying roommate! Might be something to explore.

It would be good if your manager could arrange for you to change stores, too.

Sorry to hear about the difficult situation with your mother.

Hope you're doing okay today.

Em x