Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to this - don't know where to turn!!!

I think contacting your union rep is a good idea if you are in a union as Suzi suggested before.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Zellic
    Thanks Mike I will definitely be contacting them. ☺

Will you let us know how you get on?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Zellic
    Yes I will. Thanks again x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zellic For This Useful Post:

Suzi (07-01-18)

Ezra A Adams
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellic View Post
    Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed with depression and I am taking fluoxetine 20mg and have been referred for talking therapy.

I feel I have so many things going on in my head - that I don't know what to do or where to turn. I believe I am suffering from work related stress due to the fact that this is where all my anxieties seem to stem from. I have been confiding to a friend from work who I seemed understood how I am feeling. After a conversation today they have had a conversation with my line manager about me. Nothing detrimental about me but more about what I am trying to deal with at the moment but some of my stresses have been down to my line manager. I really don't like the fact that this is going on but I don't know how to deal with anything at the moment and the thought of confronting them about this has just stressed me out so much. I want to have conversations with work when I am ready to be able to discuss them without bursting into tears every time and not feeling immense panic and not being able to think straight or have a productive conversation.

Quick rundown of main work stresses:-
    - 6 different line managers in 4 years
    - moved jobs within same school 4 times in last 4 years
    - been on a temporary contract for 2 and a half years
    - despite requesting for a proper job description on numerous occasions still none the wiser
    - new line manager seems to like micromanaging which makes me feel undermined and undervalued

Due to this feel completely useless, worthless can't even be bothered to get dressed most days, no interest in anything, have had some strange dreams and these have normally been about me ending my life but I always wake up from these in a panic as this is something I don't think about when I am awake.

I feel really scared and don't know what to do or where to turn. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday and I think work are expecting me back next week but not sure if I am ready for this!!! As per usual not sleeping again.

Sorry for the really long post but no-one at home seems to understand how I am feeling.
    Welcome to DWD , we are just people on a similar journey. We are not perfect but are a listening ear. Please never apologize for a long post; we need to hear each other to keep our heads above water. Do not think you are unique in your thinking. We have been there. Keep focusing on all that is good in your life lovely and don't worry if hone do not understand. We do!!! Much love. Ezzie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezra A Adams For This Useful Post:

Zellic
    Thanks Ezzie - my friend has also told me I need to set myself a little goal each day so I can accomplish things. Today I needed sleep as I had a terrible night last night but so far not managed that one as my son is home from university he has kept me busy helping him to book a holiday so at least I accomplished something.

Been to the doctors today and he has signed me off work for 4 weeks, hopefully work will now get OH involved so I can at least get some points across. Couldn't face phoning the union today but I will ring them for some advice when I feel able to.

Thanks all,

Alison x

Was he booking somewhere nice? Is it nice having him home?
    Well done for going to the Drs and being open with him. Glad you've been signed off, does that help take the pressure off a bit? Give them a call tomorrow lovely...

Zellic
    Yeah he's booked to go to Cologne with his girlfriend for a few days. Yes it is good to have him home and he'll be here for another couple of weeks too.

It certainly does - that's why I didn't sleep well last night worrying!!

I will do my best to ring them tomorrow- got to learn to take the bull by horns again!!

Thanks xx

Write a bullet point list of what you want to say and make sure you let us know how you get on..

Zellic
    I will. X