Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to this - don't know where to turn!!!

You have the right to have someone at the meeting supporting you - a union rep, a colleague or a friend.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Zellic
    I just feel so overwhelmed by it all. But there was no mention of me taking someone in with me so don't know where I stand. Maybe I should contact my union for some advice.

If this is concerning your health etc, this is Citizens Advice guidance for U.K. meetings with your employer

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...inary-meeting/
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Zellic
    As far as I'm aware it's not a disciplinary meeting as I know they have to write an official letter to me for one of those explaining my rights to a third party accompanying me. I think they're suddenly panicking into sorting out my job role but without thinking about the extra stress this is putting on me with the number of people involved in the meeting. I don't really want to sit there and pour out all my anxieties and how I've been feeling, and then feeling pressured into making decisions I don't want to make and being back to square one. I feel I just need some time to get into perspective what I want from all of this and to stop feeling that this is all my fault. I feel so useless at the minute am I even capable of being anything but a dog's body picking up all the crap no one else wants to do but being too afraid to say anything about it.

Why don't you ask your union rep for advice? I don't think you have to answer any decisions in a pressured situation. I'm sure you can ask for time to talk things through and work out what you want..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Zellic
    Yes I will do this tomorrow after I've been to the doctors. Hopefully I can have a bit more time at home to get my thoughts together, have one of my therapy sessions and then see how I am feeling, hopefully the ADs will have started to help a bit by then too.

Glad you have a plan x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Zellic
    Just got to try and be strong and carry it out x

Thanks for listening and the advice guys. Just want to be my "normal" self again - whatever my "normal" is lol xx

You are already strong - you are dealing with this every day and are battling through

Zellic
    Thanks x