Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

Oooo hot water bottle, I may have to follow your lead
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Wow you've done loads! Good to hear that you are pacing too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Morning all,
    This weekend was quite busy. Yesterday my eldest sent me off for a swim, I really did need it (volume of negative thoughts SO loud!) She also made most of tea, which I was very grateful for. I feel wobbly and have slept a lot the last 2 nights. The girls are back with their Dad tonight so I have some recharge time. I am booked into crochet group tonight but can always get out of it if necessary. The only thing set in stone today is a courier delivery (my cat’s dry food!)
    It’s coming up to 3 years since my hospital stay (due to mental breakdown) I can’t remember the exact date but it was the Thursday before half term. Still on the same meds but I realise they have kept me well.
    Have a good Monday x
    One day at a time ....😃

The girls spend a lot of time with their father, which is lovely..
    I Hope you're doing something to celebrate your hospital say..The start of your recovery..

Hope you make the most of your recharge time
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes, i’m going to go out for a meal with a couple of friends
    He is a brilliant Dad. We are in a good routine now & the communication between us is good.
    One day at a time ....😃

That sounds wonderful!

It's great that you have a good relationship with him for the children..

Hello,
    Today has been a struggle. This morning I accidentally took 2 Pregabalin tablets (distracted by kids?) which made me feel awful all morning. I thought I had better miss my afternoon dose (I take 3x100mg per day) I have taken my usual dose this evening so I am back as I should be. The usual ‘you are not good enough’ thoughts are going through my head. My rational brain knows that this is not true but I just feel I have been battling all day.
    One day at a time ....😃

Mucking up meds is something we’ve all done and is something it (in my experience) usually takes at least 24 hours to get over. So, I’m not surprised you’ve struggled

Thank-you for your reply Paula - in school holidays our routines alter, normality resumes on Monday!
    One day at a time ....😃