Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

Hi all,
    I’m struggling to be kind to myself at the moment. I think Christmas is a tough time of year, reflecting over the past and looking ahead to the future. I know I need to be strong but I feel inadequate in so many ways
    X
    One day at a time ....😃

You really are not inadequate, hunni. But it can be a tough time. Do you have your distractions and coping mechanisms in place?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (24-12-18)

I’m crocheting and have had some supper. I am probably tired tbh as we went to friends this afternoon & were at a party yesterday evening. I’ve had a little cry and admitted to my youngest that I felt sad etc. A nice early night tonight will help I think.x
    One day at a time ....😃

You've been super social and that's always exhausting. Be kind to yourself.... Oh and you are far from inadequate!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (24-12-18)

Hi everyone,
    Happy Christmas! How are you all doing?
    I’m feeling more calm this afternoon, thankfully. My Mum and step dad have been here & we had a good lunch followed by a homemade Christmas pudding! Now for some crochet.
    X
    One day at a time ....😃

So glad you're feeling a bit brighter lovely x

Really good to hear
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hello,
    I’ve had a good day. I did one of my little jobs this morning (I do a couple of hours cleaning etc for an elderly gentleman, once a fortnight) I find it really rewarding Afterwards I came home and did a few jobs at home. I am pleased that the upstairs of my house is almost ready for the estate agent to take photos. I am planning on signing up with one next week. I have been catching up on some TV and making a second crochet elf ��x
    One day at a time ....😃

How's your mood doing?

I was very teary when the girls went ( hormonal too) When I start thinking about the future, I keep telling myself house then job (& repeat) I do get lonely at times when I am here on my own (obviously) but as long as I have some interaction i’m generally ok. One step at a time.....
    One day at a time ....😃