Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

Where are you going?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We’re going to Butlins we all loved it last year. Lots to do for all 3 generations
    One day at a time ....😃

So glad you've got something to look forward to. You'll have a great time - when are you off?
    Sweetheart some of the most amazingly strong people I've ever known are without partners for some amazingly good reasons. My little sister was married and her husband passed away 9 years ago, she was then with an abusive alcoholic and in the last few months she's met the most lovely man who worships her (and rightly so, she's f*ing awesome) so it can and does happen. She used online dating if that's something that interests you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m feeling so much calmer tonight thankfully. Most of the time I really am happy on my own & I am enjoying my own company more and more. Occasionally I do have little bursts of panic and or tears (to be expected) That sounds lovely re: your sister. Personally, I don’t want to date anyone. I am fortunate to have lots of amazing friends who are a fabulous support to me. The kids are back home and we have had a lovely tea - yum!
    Our holiday is in July, something to look forward to.
    One day at a time ....😃

Good for you! I think you are amazing tbh and think you are a wonderful Mum!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (08-01-18)

One day at a time ....😃

Hello,
    This weekend has been good. We went out last night to a race night..the girls thought it was fun! Today we have been out for lunch and to the cinema. The film was The a Greatest Showman - a really good film with great music. I am almost out of spoons now but I have a quiet day tomorrow to catch-up. Hope you have all had a good one x
    One day at a time ....😃

I'm glad you enjoyed it - everyone I've known who has seen it has said it was brilliant.
    I'm planning on a quiet one tomorrow too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-01-18)

You’re doing brilliantly with pacing. Well done, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (14-01-18)

Eek, I was bad first thing however, I got up and made it to the swimming pool. I have an afternoon of art planned and then crochet group tonight x what are you all up to today?
    One day at a time ....😃