Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

Thank-you Suzi. I know I need to make more use of DWD. I think that at this time of year it doesn’t take a lot to push me (or anyone else) into overwhelmed territory. I do wonder whether I should get my hormone levels checked again after Christmas as there are times in the month when I am a complete mess/ everything feels completely hopeless. I write in my journal every day and colour in a mood tracker but perhaps a menstruation app could help me. Of course, that is only part of the picture. I am really trying to not beat myself up about the fact that this year I have had another breakdown, and was of course unable to start the new job I had lined up. Money wise I am ok for now. The priority next year will be selling the property and downsizing, thus resulting in less work running the home (and a very good declutter in the process) The memories of this house will be put behind me too (very important when my ex will of course be getting remarried in March) I am now looking forward to Christmas (which I wasn’t in October/November) Also, I am giving myself treats whenever I can x
    One day at a time ....😃

Sweetheart you can spend time beating yourself up for being poorly, but that's not going to achieve anything but making you feel worse.... Selling your house etc is going to be emotional and hard and so you have to try to be as kind to you as you can...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-12-18)

I get it, it’s so hard not to feel you’ve failed at keeping well ..... but please believe me when I say it’s not your fault, just like it wouldn’t be your fault if you’d had a relapse in a physical illness
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-12-18)

Thank-you ladies Yes, the house move will be a big thing. I have lived here since 2001.
    I had a busy day yesterday so myself and the girls are going to have a chill out day today. We’ll be doing some present wrapping and watching the Strictly final on catch up x
    One day at a time ....😃

I agree totally with Paula's post, hope you have a chilled out day with your girls. Only ever moved house once in my life and that was 1960 when I was 13, left the old house to go to school and when I left school returned to my new house.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Arty (16-12-18)

Hope your chill day is going well. How are you today?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I’m good thanks Paula. I’ve being crocheting this afternoon pleased with how calm I feel atm. We are popping to a friend’s early evening for a cuppa and a local drive around to see the lights on the houses.
    This week is quite quiet (lovely) Next Sunday we have been invited to a very good friend’s party so looking forward to that.
    I have an online supermarket slot booked for next Saturday (a very sensible idea methinks!)
    I just need to wraps the girls’ presents. x
    One day at a time ....😃

That’s so good to hear .

Sounds like a good day... How are you this morning?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve just been for a swim. Negative thoughts very loud - mainly focussed on me failing to start the job in October/panicking about which job I will cope with in the future/my earning potential. My rational brain knows that the plan I have agreed with my Mum and my friend is to sell the house first and then look for work. I know that the negative thoughts are usually louder when the girls are with their Dad, and of course the stress of Christmas etc increases panic. I am taking my Dad out now and then I have a quiet afternoon/evening planned (the girls are back later on) x
    One day at a time ....😃