Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

You ok today, gorgeous?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thanks for asking Paula. Yesterday was busy but ok. I went to the doctor as I thought I may have a water infection. Thankfully I don’t have one and she gave me some advice about how to ease my symptoms. Today I have a busy morning and then am going to fill out my job forms with a friend. This afternoon I am going to rest. No children until tomorrow evening.
    Yesterday I treated myself to a more expensive tube of acrylic paint & a new pad of paper. Although I am trying to economise, little treats like this are lovely. When I finish my current picture I will try to post a picture of it on here.
    x
    One day at a time ....😃

Glad that it's not a water infection lovely. Hope your resting goes well! Can't wait to see your next painting!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Thanks for asking Paula. Yesterday was busy but ok. I went to the doctor as I thought I may have a water infection. Thankfully I don’t have one and she gave me some advice about how to ease my symptoms. Today I have a busy morning and then am going to fill out my job forms with a friend. This afternoon I am going to rest. No children until tomorrow evening.
    Yesterday I treated myself to a more expensive tube of acrylic paint & a new pad of paper. Although I am trying to economise, little treats like this are lovely. When I finish my current picture I will try to post a picture of it on here.
    x
    That’s a great example of practising self care. Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So pleased/relieved this afternoon. I have been to my new employer and they have received a satisfactory reference from my current employer. I’m going to relax for the rest of the day! x
    One day at a time ....😃

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-10-18),OldMike (04-10-18),Paula (04-10-18),Suzi (04-10-18)

YAY!!!

Oh dear, I feel so weary at the moment. I’m resting a lot but still feel overwhelmed by everything. I’m still on the sleeping tablets & increased dose of Venlaflaxine. I have a child free weekend this weekend which will be good, thankfully, & a few days away 22-26 October. I just feel a bit disassociated tbh x
    One day at a time ....😃

I sympathise, I'm totally exhausted. It's making doing anything tough. Glad you've got chance to rest though lovely....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (11-10-18)

. Are you sleeping at night?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (11-10-18)

Thank-you ladies. Yes, I am sleeping. It’s hardly surprising that I am exhausted - leaving current job, starting new one at the end of the month, season change (ugh ) and first holiday on my own with the kids imminent. I’m trying to rest as much as I can and we are going to have food from the chip shop tomorrow night.
    One day at a time ....😃