Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

A new thread for the new year

Hello my friends,
    Day 2 of 2018 .. nearly time for the kids to go back to school. Hope you are all ok?
    One day at a time ....😃

my Daughter’s due back at college on Monday and has done no homework. Currently, I’m public enemy #1 lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (02-01-18)

Oh dear Paula very hard to be a parent sometimes ! Fortunately mine have hardly been set any.
    One day at a time ....😃

Jess had surgery so missed the last 2 weeks of the term and 2 weeks in college time means you miss an awful lot of work. But she’s 16 so, if she doesn’t get it done, it’s down to her
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (02-01-18)

Mine go back on Thursday and we've just discovered that when I thought I'd got the uniform washed and sorted, apparently it hasn't been done yet lol....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (02-01-18)

Morning all, we’ve come into town. Still low on spoons so a quiet afternoon planned. Buffet went well
    One day at a time ....😃

How did your quiet afternoon go? Glad the buffet went well lovely!

Morning all,
    Yesterday’s trip to town was successful. I bought myself a 2018 diary With a pretty cover. Lovely to have a little treat
    My youngest was poorly yesterday afternoon/evening (flu symptoms) but I coped ok. She is determined to go back to school this morning, which I am grateful for as I really do need some recharge time. I watched some more of ‘Feud:Bette and Joan’ on the BBC I player last night. I thoroughly recommend it - takes you to another era.
    Today I plan to swim & continue to preserve spoons. The children are with their Dad this weekend, time to replenish the spoon drawer
    One day at a time ....😃

OO I looked at that and wasn't sure, but if it's good I'll take a look...
    Enjoy your swim lovely.

Thank-you Suzi, it was a lovely swim. I went to the supermarket afterwards for a few bits. I’ve been home since mid morning, doing my acrylic painting (aswell as a couple of jobs here and there) I feel much better for having time on my own, love routine!
    One day at a time ....😃

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Suzi (04-01-18)