Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: A new thread for the new year

77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-07-18)

A lot of tough things to deal with, then. Please try to keep some spoons in reserve - it doesn’t matter if that means getting takeaway instead of cooking or leaving the hoovering for a few days
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-07-18)

I totally agree with Paula - bit by bit lovely. Our middle one is currently in France and we had a very tearful conversation with her yesterday and today her knees have turned blue so it's really wiping me out trying to be upbeat and positive for her and our other two....
    Can you plan to do maybe 1 big thing a week during the holidays?
    This week will be busy and emotional. Plan easy things for dinner - take away or bread, cheese and salad etc leave the housework if you need to and ask those around you for help....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (15-07-18)

Thanks for your helpful comments. You are right, I have to be kind to myself and cut some corners. I will try and rest as much as possible. I am already in bed this evening, early night for me (I do love my bed anyway lol)
    One day at a time ....😃

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

Suzi (15-07-18)

Today is a much better day I’ve been to my two jobs and felt valued at both of them. The weather is cooler too, which is lovely. The girls are with their Dad tonight so I am going to preserve spoons. Pacing is definitely the key this week.
    Hope you’re all doing ok.
    One day at a time ....😃

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

OldMike (16-07-18)

It's great that you can pace properly x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (16-07-18)

Well done, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (17-07-18)

Hello well, I got through last week ok thankfully. For some reason lots of negative thoughts are milling about (especially “you don’t need all this medication, you are not good enough etc. etc) I know that lots of you are familiar with this & as always it is a comfort that I have friends on DWD to discuss things with. In my rational moments I know that the meds slow me down, which I very much need. I am realising that my girls are growing up and are going out with friends more. This is great but it represents a kind of loss, and of course this links with the separation from my ex. There are a lot of emotions tied up this & although those close to me tell me I am coping really well/ blossoming the niggling doubts still remain. We are off on holiday on Monday for 4 nights with my Mum which will be a good change of scene, and food is cooked for us too Great that I can be honest with you guys about everything.
    One day at a time ....😃

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

OldMike (24-07-18)

Where are you going, hunni?

Sounds great that you are going on holiday with your Mum! Where are you off to?