Page 44 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: General musings and random ramblings *TRIGGERS*

I totally get what your saying Jaq. I’ve had similar experiences and the last face to face meeting I had with someone I was told I was an alcoholic and they couldn’t help me but I needed support from the alcohol and drug service. They couldn’t see that the drink was a coping mechanism for an underlying illness. Cock ends the lot of them. I still enjoy a drink but it has NEVER controlled me.

Anyway back to the point. After being told by many professionals that they couldn’t believe I was being overlooked for psychiatric care and having lost everything I ever held dear, I learned that the only way through this was to fight it myself. Yeah I make a lot of mistakes along the way but I try to learn from them and I never give up fighting. Yeah ok I may take a few days off once in a while but no one can say I don’t do all I can to beat this illness even without professional support. You don’t need someone with a badge of honour to get through this. What you need is the strength from within to stick two fingers up to all the people who’ve tried to drag you down or refused to help.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I don't know. I'm not keen to go back to find out after yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    You donÂ’t need someone with a badge of honour to get through this. What you need is the strength from within to stick two fingers up to all the people whoÂ’ve tried to drag you down or refused to help.
    Funnily enough, I said similar to J last night. I've got counselling next week so will let her know what happened as it's my last session and she was expecting me to get treatment. Other than grudgingly offering to talk to the nurse prescriber, she gave me the details to something called the Recovery College and said I should do some of the courses they offer. She made a point of saying the treatment teams have a long waiting list and they just offer the same stuff
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 17-02-18 at 10:32 PM.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Marc's been referred to the recovery college too. They have loads of really interesting looking courses. He's also (finally) been given a contact at a local MH charity who seem to be really useful too..
    Thing is, it shouldn't be a fight to get the help and that's so frustrating. Will you go back to see your Dr on Monday and tell them everything?
    I know Marc's seen one set of CMHT before who weren't great, and now he's seen the other lot and they've been flipping awesome. Maybe that's an option?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I will think about it. To be honest, friday has put me off, I felt attacked from the moment I sat down.

Niffler
    Hi ladies, sorry to jump in on this but can you tell me what the recovery college is?

It's basically a chance to learn all the tools necessary to keep you well in your day to day life.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

They run loads of different courses. Some of them look really interesting.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I'm wary of biting off more than I can chew what with my appointments, looking after my mum and my OU study.

Absolutely, but maybe something creative might be a break that your mind and you could do with?

None of the courses they run are this side of the river, which is a pain. I need to start driving.