Page 155 of 246 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2456

Thread: General musings and random ramblings *TRIGGERS*

I don’t blame you. For my first wedding, my mum told my grandad that, if he ruined my wedding in the same way he ruined hers, she would be chucking him out and would never see him again. For my mum and dad’s wedding, grandad got very drunk before the service, crashed the car and ended up in hospital (and lost his licence, again). She was the only one of her siblings (6 of them) who would stand up to him but she stood her ground, like you plan to do, despite the fact he was 6’2” and he’s 5’1”
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm the only one who's ever really stood up to him. It's easier for the other 2 as they only see them once a week, I have to deal with him slurring his words and being a dick most days.

It surprised J when I told him that he is the only man I feel completely safe with, I never even feel completely safe around my dad and brother
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I have every respect for you love. We have issues with Marc's Dad so I do sympathise.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I spend so much time in my room now just to escape it, I mean I know I did anyway but now I only eat downstairs really.

That's so not healthy - but I get why you are. With the smoking and the drinking you must be finding it so hard - no option of moving out?

Oh!!!! Have I not mentioned that???? They've quit! They've not had a cig in 3 weeks!

I've discussed it with J. I don't really want to be on my own though

That’s a positive move on their part!

I can understand why you wouldn’t want to be on your own. Has the situation changed at all?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Wow! That's brilliant about them quitting!

I can understand not wanting to be on your own.
    How are you feeling today?

We're going to the bank to sort a few things out when I'm back. I've reached my limit on how much I can sit back and watch him take so I have to admit that I've taken charge a bit. I can take any grief people throw at me but hurt someone I love and my claws come out.

I'm a bit stressed today if I'm honest. Went for my bra fitting and not convinced whatsoever! Had a brief chat with a few people I used to work with, which was nice. Had my injection and complained about the training been on top of the 6 weeks and they've said that they may have to put a leaflet together as the doctors seem to be telling everyone wrongly, the nurses were both great about that and we had a giggle. Popped to Home Bargains for a few bits and that stressed the hell out of me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (01-05-18)

That’s a lot to cope with in one day, lovely. ....