Page 134 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2456

Thread: General musings and random ramblings *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm spending the morning with J, studying this afternoon and also starting the new medication.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Hope your studying goes well! YAY for J and I hope this med works well for you with no horrible side effects... You taking it at night or in the morning?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I'm taking it in the morning with my breakfast as I take my others then. I'm really hoping it does work as my next option is mood stabilisers.

Let's see how this one goes love...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

One step at a time please.

Ok I get how you feel BUT, we all have a default setting that we fall back to when we’re struggling and for you it’s turning what anyone says to you as criticism that you don’t do enough to help yourself. Trouble is there is only one person who actually thinks that way and it’s you. Your changing meds and as a result gonna be messed up. Trust me I get but I also know that nothing anyone can say or do to try and make you see things rationally will mean a thing cos what you’re feeling right now is very real to you. I know what you mean about the cliches cos I find it hard to deal with at times too as you know but you also recognise that these things are said to try and keep you grounded and to show that people care about you. Frustrating sometimes for sure but hey it’s better than nobody giving a toss.

Yeah because a doctor frustratedly asking me what I actually do to help myself is me imagining it. Same with the CPN.

Doesn't matter, I'll delete my post and we can forget I said anything
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 16-04-18 at 05:12 PM. Reason: There, all done

Nope not going to forget it cos it’s upsetting you. Of course they ask you what you are doing to help yourself and you know why. That’s their job. There is always more we can do, if that wasn’t true there would be no hope of feeling better, but looking at different things to help is not the same as you not doing enough. If what you’ve been doing isn’t working then you have to look at different options. You know meds alone aren’t the answer and I know you feel you need to get a bit of stability to be able to take the next step. You’re not an idiot but you thinking you’re not doing enough is no different to me blaming myself for all that is crap in the world.

I’m with Stella. I didn’t see that post but have seen your reaction to those sort of things in the past so can guess. Hunni, I get asked all the time what I’m doing to help myself - and not just with my MH. The mortification I had to deal with being told that the reason I have IIH is because I’m overweight and the only sensible option is for me to do something about it and lose some weight - the ultimate in ‘what are you doing to yourself’. But I know it’s only coming from a place where they want to help me, and it’s the same with you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Don’t go quiet on us now. You know I think the world of you and I’m not trying to upset you in anyway. I know how it feels. Like everyone is either patronising you or judging you unfairly. When you’re pretty intelligent and know how it should be but don’t understand why it’s not when you do everything you can. I generally use the theory that no matter how real my thoughts are, if everyone who cares about me is telling me I’m wrong then it’s probably the depression warping my outlook.