Page 38 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: General musings and random ramblings *TRIGGERS*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Lavendar oil, doing something to relax like read
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

My reactions are completely out of proportion today! My sister has rung my mum today, she's got my niece into nursery 2 days a week when she goes back to work, despite my dad offering to look after her. Pretty much blamed it on my mum and the way she is and justified it on a load of what ifs, yet they're good enough to babysit if they want a night out. Oh and they're allowed to take her for days out the rest of the week too. So why aren't they good enough to look after her while she's at work? My mum is feeling quite hurt by that and my dad is upset too. Oh and she's not allowed at our house, she must be looked after there. Never mind the fact they never smoke when she's in the house, and it's obvious when they come down that she never really wants to be here. My sis never considers how her words affect people, she just opens her mouth and doesn't give a toss about anyone else.

It's made me so angry yet it's gone beyond that to wanting to claw at my arms and even the odd thought of I want all this to end. I want my mind to be quiet.

I'd be cross too - but tbh it could be financial? Do they get certain benefits which only get awarded if she is in funded ofsteded childcare?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Actually, I completely understand your sister. When you pay someone to look after your children, there’s a professional contract between you that makes it easier to tell them what you expect in your child’s care. When family do it, you can’t insist on things being done your way. You have an overwhelming sense of guilt that they’re helping you out. You can’t tell your parents not to take them out because the child had a bad night or to make sure the child doesn’t have an afternoon nap because you need your child to sleep on a long car journey you’re taking her on when you finish work. And, you can’t stop your parents from spoiling your child.

I’ve had family giving childcare and I’ve had professional childcare. I adore my parents and theyre wonderful grandparents but my life was a 1000 x easier with a childminder. Ultimately this decision is about what’s best for your niece and her parents.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's fair enough Paula, but blaming it solely on my mums health? Yet they're good enough to babysit if they want a night out? Making it obvious that you don't want to be in your parents house? That you don't want your child in your parents house? Manners and being mindful of others feelings doesn't take much. But then no one else actually matters with her.

Nearly there with my first assignment and all caught up with the work. Less than 200 words to go and references and I can submit it. I actually feel a lot calmer about it then the first time round at uni.

Yay! Glad you’re all caught up.

Well done you! Told you so
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done gorgeous!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I haven't finished my assignment yet. Don't congratulate me just yet