Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hey, shall I try sending you motivational and cheerleading texts to see if it helps?
    Want an example?

Go Paula, go Paula, you can do it, you are awesome, go Paula, go Paula!

Helping yet? I've got loads more....
    Our fearless leader, people!

Flo, jess is just like her dad. She’ll keep going on something until she gets bored and will then stop. We’ve had this before with her GCSEs but the volume of work involved in her A levels mean she cannot afford to do that

I’m just so tired of being ill, of hospitals, of my life revolving around medical issues. I want to have the energy I need to get through each day, to not be exhausted just by meeting a friend for coffee, to have a life
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Flo (27-04-18),Suzi (26-04-18)

I’m not gonna lie, the last couple of conversations we’ve had are a worry to me. It’s blatantly obvious that you’re really not in a good place and with everything you have going on that’s not really a surprise. I don’t have anywhere near the same level of health problems that you are having to cope with and I find it incredibly hard to juggle the appointments and manage my health. At times I genuinely don’t want to go on cos it’s too much for me which means I have so much more respect for you. Yes life is pants right now but as I said to you earlier it can’t be this crap forever. You’re a strong woman and too damned stubborn to lie down and accept it to keep you down.

You do have a life. You may be having a particularly bad time right now, but you can and will get through this.

Hey Paula you're so awesome
    you're so awesome hey Paula!

Go Paula! Go Paula! Go Paula!

Have you spoken to Si yet about what you heard?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes Suzi, I have. It’s all good
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (27-04-18)

I'm glad. Any news on Jess?

How are you feeling today? Are you keeping a mood diary? Eating? Drinking? etc?

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

We’ve decided to see what happens with Jess and the rewrite. We’re not backing away from confrontation but are hoping she’d have got a shock which will get her motivated.

There’s no point in keeping a mood diary as it’s just low with no let up. I’m eating and drinking and taking meds. That hasn’t helped though - I’ve been really good, sticking to healthy food for 2 weeks, and haven’t lost an oz.

You're a very good mum Paula, you can point Jess in the right direction and help her all you can but if she decides to go her own way there is little else you can do, how old is Jess now 17 so she's nearly an adult and will have to stand on her own two feet soon.

FYI this came from Old Mike's extensive knowledge of parenting
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

She’s 17 next week, Mike

Hope the rewrite goes well.

How much longer are you going to give it before you speak to your Dr/Psych about your mood?