Page 60 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

Katie’s been out looking at cars today. I remember my first car costing a couple of hundred quid, clapped out and with a manual choke! She’s looking at getting a new or nearly new fiesta. How times have changed

I’m still a bit on edge after the meeting on Thursday but I’ve been getting encouraging emails all day from the vice chair. I want to stick this out because I genuinely believe I can make a difference but I think it’s going to be rough going for a while. I’m going to need all the encouragement I can get ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I loved my first car! It was an old metro in poop colour brown, manual choke, shook when it got to 60 but I adored her! I was devastated when I came out of halls to find that someone had smashed into her and there were bits of her all over the road. I had to get the uni's security guards to deal with it... That car cost me £180!

You have my complete faith and encouragement. I know you can do this and you didn't step up to be dead weight, you knew it wasn't going to be easy......
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (25-03-18)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My mums car is glittery poop brown!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (25-03-18)

Didn’t have a great night, dozed on the sofa til 3am. So I’m feeling decidedly bleary atm and not functioning all too well
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Rest day?

Oh yeah, I was planning on doing some work but I can’t focus. It can wait

Bloody hell!!! She's pacing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Oh yeah, I was planning on doing some work but I can’t focus. It can wait
    Just watch some box sets, work can wait for another day
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I'm sure that if anyone's capable of doing that job you are! You help to change lives here so you're well qualified on that score. You can't concentrate if you're bleary eyed so give the brain a rest for today...it's this damned hour forward bit again!
    My first car was a DAF....it was like an automatic but it ran on a system like a very large rubber band going up and down something! When I went back to Scotland in 2003 I bought myself a Celica. I took it into Inverness for the first time and when I got back to the car park some low life had stuck a sucked Werthers Original on the bonnet!!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    My first car was a Cavalier, Paula you can do this but I know it will be tiring for you so glad that your pacing today xx
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR