Page 119 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1566

Thread: I am Groot

Ive lost almost 4 kg now since 13 April. As 10% weight loss is considered the best long term treatment for IIH, I’m doing really well getting to that goal. Also, the main risk is sight loss and, at the moment, I’m not showing any signs of that. So, my plan is to stop medication completely and just monitor over the next couple of months with the weight loss.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I can see why Si isn't on board but I know you will make the right decision for you
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Ahhh. Is he going to the appointment with you tomorrow Maybe a chat with the neurologist will sort everything out and you’ll both be on the same page.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Well done sweetie on the loss, sounds like it may be a plan
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Yep, he’s coming to the appointment and we’ll sort it all out
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (22-05-18)

I can see why you'd be wanting to make that choice....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Si was awesome! I tried to explain to the doctor how I’d been feeling on this drug but was struggling so he took over and told the doctor I’d been ‘lethargic, almost comatose’. At which point the doctor just said, we can’t have that. I’m to come off it completely and take a diuretic instead, and keep losing weight. My left eye’s swelling has gone down a bit so I am improving, which is great.

And I then dropped Si off at the train station and he called me sweetie, which he never does

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (23-05-18),OldMike (23-05-18),Suzi (23-05-18)

It's so lovely to hear such support. Si is great. But then look at the wonderful person he's married to.

you always know the right thing to say, Magie

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Thats brilliant and even though he wasnt completely onboard at first its so good that he could help get across for you what the issues are hunni x
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR