Page 1 of 157 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

I am Groot

New year, new thread and, if you’re wondering what the titles about, I’m currently watching Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 for about the umpteenth time and there’s a tree creature called Groot that only says ‘I am Groot’ yet his friends always know exactly what he’s saying. It reminds me of talking to you lot, it doesn’t matter whether I’m actually making sense, you know me well enough to know what I’m really saying!

Right, I’m off to take down the Christmas decorations
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (01-01-18)

"I am Groot" well that caught my attention, I thought you'd been struck down with the dreaded lurgy or something I'm relieved to hear you haven't

So Princess Sparkles has been granted a new year's honour and should now be addressed as Dame Groot (Order of the Sparkles) *curtsies and leaves the room backwards*
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-01-18)

I love Groot! I love you too!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Im a wee bit miffed - our next door neighbours, who know we have 2 old dogs and know Luna is terrified of fireworks, had a 30 minute display in their back garden this evening (not last night!) and didn’t even bother to warn us
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

They've been going off since about 430 last night here, stopped at about 2am, started again at lunch time here so I completely understand. Casey is terrified as is Marc's Mums dog Sophie....

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Paula, I have a confession to make...

I have never seen Guardians of the Galaxy...
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

What???? You must, it’s awesome!

Today, I’m having a blood test and BP check. Fun. Especially as my BP is still high as the doctor had to halve my dose (my ankles were swollen). I’m having a manicure this evening, though, so it’s swings and roundabouts today. I’m hoping Si can get in touch with my Pain Consultant too ....

So nurse appt has been cancelled again ..... I’ve got an appt with my Pain Consultant Thursday evening but I’ve had to bite the bullet and pay for a private appt as an nhs one is 3 months wait, and I can’t wait that long with this

Why has the nurse cancelled? I think paying right now is the best thing you can do...

She’s sick, my appt with her last week was cancelled to due to sickness. If they try to cancel Thursday I shall complain, especially as my BP is still high and I need to talk to them about meds. I just feel I’m fire fighting with my health at the moment