Page 49 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

I wasn’t recruited to make friends lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I spent all afternoon writing my first report as trustee, which meant pouring over multiple government documents and guidelines. Brain is definitely kaput lol
    Government documents that'd scramble my brain if I could even understand them
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Morning gorgeous!

Morning. Am just watching Bake off Stand up 2 Cancer and weeping buckets at a little girl’s story. Kinda puts things into perspective
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Morning Paula! I've recorded the celeb Bake Off. I watched Call the Midwife yesterday. I was in tears over that. Don't know why I bother watching things like that...I'm too flipping sensitive. But you're right it puts things into perspective and makes us go back to basics and makes us think about how lucky we are. Have a good day O Queen of sparkly stuff!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (14-03-18)

I sobbed over CTM too! Haven't watched bake off because I want to do horrible things to Harry Hill mostly involving smashing him in the face with heavy saucepans....

Have fun with your friend today lovely! X

Ok, so I’ve had a meltdown - tears and shaking. I didn’t say anything but Jess didn’t get me a mother’s day card. Katie bought presents from both of them and got a card, apparently she did ask Jess if she wanted to write in it but Jess said no. Then didn’t get a card. I was too tired to say much on Sunday and just let it go but she’s been horrible all week and hasn’t said one nice thing. Tonight, an hour before the shopping was due, she yelled at me that there wasn’t any food in the house and I never get anything nice ....... etc etc. I lost my plot with her and was shaking by the time Si got in

I was talking to my friend this afternoon. Jess seems convinced we can’t ever get on and just won’t say anything nice to me. I’m tired of doing all I can to keep the peace

Oh hunni, that really sucks. Do you know what the issue with her is? Is it that you are too similar?

I wish I could give you a huge hug!