Page 122 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1566

Thread: I am Groot

Having a retro day. Footloose followed by Ferris Buellers Day Off . Katie’s really excited because her new car is registered and she’s picking it up on Wednesday, lucky, lucky girl! And she’s off to Greece with her boyfriend the following week.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

S deleted (26-05-18)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Sounds like a good day you have planned and yay for Katie
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Having a retro day. Footloose followed by Ferris Buellers Day Off . Katie’s really excited because her new car is registered and she’s picking it up on Wednesday, lucky, lucky girl! And she’s off to Greece with her boyfriend the following week.
    Good for Katie, what sort of car has she got?

Ferris Buellers Day Off sounds interesting I'll have to check it out after all it may be more interesting than Old Mike's Day Off
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Katie’s getting an Audi A1 (in white)

https://www.audi.co.uk/explore-model...-range/a1.html

Have you not watched Ferris Bueller Mike? It is an iconic 80s film - Matthew Broderick. Brilliant film

I’m watching Ed Sheeran on Biggest Weekend, he really is an incredible songwriter/musician - he’s up there on a big stage, just him and a guitar, no band. Awesome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've some Ed Sheeran CD's and a DVD he's brilliant on the DVD though IMO it hasn't been edited very well it was from a 3 concerts at Wembley instead of editing it as a complete concert taken from the 3 days there's a bit from day 1 then some chat then some from day 2 then more chat then finally some from day 3.

He uses looping so it's like there's an band hidden away, but it all him he controls the looping rec/playback with foot pedals all clever stuff. Brilliant singer/songwriter/musician.

Nice car!
    Hope that you've enjoyed your retro day
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Tax return day today, it shouldn’t take long and is straightforward but I’m always terrified I’ll get it wrong. Is it just me?

Morning Paula.....the only good things about tax returns is if THEY get it wrong and send a cheque through the post to you for X hundred quid!...like the car. She'll be pleased with it. Ian loves his Audi, however it's in hospital having a new exhaust bracket put on. Hope it's not too close and muggy with you. Anything planned?

Hi Paula I watched Ferris Buellers Day Off last night (bought and streamed from Amazon) what a laugh and I stayed awake to the end so it must be good

Hope you escaped the thunder storms overnight

Hope you don't find your tax returns too taxing (see what I did there )

Ergh, tax returns May it be easy for you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!