Page 10 of 157 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Groot

Build in rest breaks please?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I got my neurology appt through - 14 February, and I also had my copy of the letter my Pain Consultant sent to my GP, telling my GP in no uncertain terms that my mental and physical health is on a tightrope and taking me off tapentadol would be far too dangerous. I love that man
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Valentine’s Day? Si definitely needs to take care of you that night after the appointment.

I have an eye screening appointment for then too! At least it's come through fairly soon?

My throat is sore and swollen so I’ve been curled up on the sofa all day, snoozing. Which means Si’s been in charge of the remote so we’ve been watching WW2 documentaries all afternoon ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Did you not sleep through them? Some of them are soooooo dull! How they can make such interesting times so dull is beyond me!
    Hope your throat is better in the morning..

Lol I know - I dozed mostly (they were better than zopiclone ). I’m not feeling 100% but, other than my nail technician coming to my house this evening to do my nails, I’ve not got much on.

Pacing.....

I'm an expert at dozing in front of the TV mind you on dull grey wet days like today a good snooze is probably the best thing

A nail technician wow that sounds mighty technical, what's the difference between a manicurist and a nail technician or do they mean the same thing?

Ah gotta love Google, Paula you'll know this already but this is for us OAP's of the pre nail technician era

What is the difference between a manicurist and a nail technician? Many people are asking this question because both professions sound great, but they don’t know if they are the same thing or not.

The Key Differences Between a Manicurist and a Nail Technician
    To better understand what is required of a manicurist as opposed to a nail technician (and vice versa) it’s important that we analyze the role of each:

Nail Technician Duties
    A nail technician trims, cleans, and polishes toenails and fingernails. They also can put on fake fingernails and toenails with professionalism. Consider your own fingernails. What do you do with them? Typically you will:

• Remove old nail polish
    • Cut and trim nails
    • Shape and buff them
    • Apply a base-coat of nail polish
    • Apply 2-3 coats of color
    • Apply a top coat of nail polish

Manicurist Duties
    A manicurist will do the same duties as a nail technician. A manicurist also does waxes, including bikini wax and Brazilian wax, along with removing hair from any area of the body properly and safely. They can also shape eyebrows.
    Note to me, best get a nail technician as I don't fancy my bits being waxed, ouchies

Hope all goes well for you today Paula
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Haha lol Mike, my girl doesn’t waxing, massage and all sorts. She’s officially a beauty therapist