Page 121 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1566

Thread: I am Groot

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    What’s worse is it’s for pupils who left between 1990 and 1995 - so loads of people I won’t know as I left in 1990!
    Doesn't sound too bad Paula, I left school in 1962 so my school reunion (never been to one if there even was one) would just be a group of old men going on about how kids these days have never had it so good.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    If you dont want to go hunni dont go to the reunion
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I was going to organize one, but so many people had changed their names and moved away, that it was nearly impossible. I left in 86 so I've passed the 30 year mark now.

Morning Paula love. How are you?.....on the subject of reunions. My school in Ireland has had reunions in the past. I never went because I was living over here...I left in 1969. The school is beyond recognition now. Sadly at least 3 of my classmates are deceased. One threw herself under a tube in London....one died of drug addiction, and Richard - whose brother Simon is drummer in the Boomtown Rats -died of cancer aged 35! so half of them are dead!! But I did meet up with my ex BFF! Enough of that...back to you Paula...hope you have a good day!x

Hope that today goes well lovely and the meetings are kind and easy x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I hope things are going well for you. Thinking of you and hoping that you can get some rest today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Doesn't sound too bad Paula, I left school in 1962 so my school reunion (never been to one if there even was one) would just be a group of old men going on about how kids these days have never had it so good.
    It’s hard to put this into words without sounding off ..... When I was at school I was really confident, was the girl who always had a boyfriend and got the best exam results in my year. There was never any doubt I was going to do well. Except my mind and body had other ideas and I’m now unable to work, struggle with social activities, in a wheelchair and very overweight. I’d rather leave my classmates with the memory of who I might have been than who I am itms

Anyway, today went ok, I managed to get through it. I’m exhausted but I knew that would happen. Rest day tomorrow
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    That makes perfect sense
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I totally get that Paula. I didn’t want to attend the school reunion we had a few years ago. I wasn’t willing to be probed about what I’d done with my life when everything was so negative. I mean being a seriously overweight unemployed unmarried mother who lost her kids and has mental health problems isn’t exactly something you wanna brag about to people who didn’t like you 25 yrs ago. I had the taken out of me enough back then and I sure as hell wasnt gonna voluntarily put myself in a position to be ridiculed all over again.

I get it too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!