Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fresh Start

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    The winds here are still strong but the high tide has passed. The roads are still impassable so we are going to the cinema instead. I've been in contact with the other mum to let her know that I won't be collecting until between 10 and 10.30. The movie starts at 11.55. I'm giving myself loads of time to get to Galway in case of blocked roads, or detours that we may have to take. I've had local radio on this morning and there has been a lot of damage done in Galway. A lot of people are without power and a lot of businesses have been flooded. God help them, not a great start to the new year.

Here where I am, we've had the strong winds but no flooding. Some of the neighbours cleared out the drains in Autumn so the road in front of the house didn't flood. I'm going to take things easy and take my time going into the cinema. I'll turn back if I have to and we can go to the cinema another time.

What are you going to see?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Jumangi. That's a horrible way to spell it, but I think you will know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Jumangi. That's a horrible way to spell it, but I think you will know what I mean.
    Is that the one with Robin Williams in? About going into another world full of weird animals? Take it easy on the roads love.....sorry to hear you have so much damage in Galway. Let's hope that's the end of storms for a bit. Enjoy the film.x

I think Jumanji might be Swahili for something. I only found out the other day that the word Jumbo came from the word Jambo or (Hu)jambo, which is Swahili for Hello....yes, ok, you really wanted to know that didn't you??

Very windy here Magie. Hope you enjoy the film. Take care in the harsh weather x
    One day at a time ....😃

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Is that the one with Robin Williams in? About going into another world full of weird animals? Take it easy on the roads love.....sorry to hear you have so much damage in Galway. Let's hope that's the end of storms for a bit. Enjoy the film.x
    It’s the reboot of the the Robin Williams one - with Jack Black and Dwayne Johnson in. It looks really funny
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I don't get the remakes of movies, Jumanji with Robin Williams was a movie which would be hard to beat.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Home safe and sound. The weather was dreadful while we were on our way to the cinema. The wind is still very strong and the rain was falling hard. We got to Galway with about an hour to go for the film. We had a look in the shops around the area and went into the cinema at about 11.30. There was no queue for tickets but there was a large queue for goodies. So expensive. I got one packet of malteesers a bag of crisps and a popcorn and it came to 8 euro. Very expensive. The movie itself was very funny. I think I enjoyed it more than the first one. Maybe because I'm that much older this time. But the one liners were spot on and very funny. Now that I'm home I'm going to put up my feet and do some knitting. Nothing any more energetic than that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Arty (03-01-18),OldMike (03-01-18)

I didn't get any knitting done. I surfed the web instead. I was resting though, with my feet up, and I've not eaten anything 'bad' all day. Weigh in tomorrow. It's been 3 week since I was last weighed and although I didn't go crazy over Christmas it's always a worry.