I have had chronic depression for years, mostly untreated which has allowed it to become progressively worse. I'm now suffering an episode of clinical depression. Its caused me to leave work and im currently unemployed and have been for some time. I am seeing my GP but am waiting on appointments and i need help ASAP. I am on medication but i feel i need more help. I have been seeing a therapist but i recently stopped seeing her as it wasnt helping much in the short term. I am now almost completely unfunctional. I dont know what will help or if anything will. I want to get back to work but at the same time im not sure if im well enough as im still having negative/critical thoughts and not looking after myself or sleeping well. I dont know what to try, i have considered trying CBT, seeing a psychologist, counseilling, hospital admission or CMHT. Im trying to research into the CMHT but im not quite sure what this involves. Does anyone have advice or can suggest something that has helped them with severe depression?