Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need some advice *SU TRIGGERS*

You won't make them hate you for talking about how you feel - maybe if they came with you, waited with you, but you went in on your own? Would that work?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

jenibi
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You won't make them hate you for talking about how you feel - maybe if they came with you, waited with you, but you went in on your own? Would that work?
    I'll be honest, maybe it's my autism but support like that always seemed a little odd to me. I don't really understand how it helps. I'm sorry. I'm just neurotypical in that way. But thanks for advice.

I didn't realise that you had a diagnosis of autism. My husband and son both have Aspergers and I used to teach kids with ASD.

jenibi
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I didn't realise that you had a diagnosis of autism. My husband and son both have Aspergers and I used to teach kids with ASD.
    I generally keep it to myself because most people make assumptions about you when it's mentioned. People immediately think of the sterotype you know and as I'm a girl whose high functioning that sterotype really doesn't apply as you are probably aware. I'm the type that you really wouldn't notice it in if you just met me. It's like a hidden side but I'd be lying if I said it didn't affect my relationships.

Please don't feel that you have to hide anything from any of us here. No one will judge you....