Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contemplating a doctor visit *SU*

Foxtail87
    I agree entirely, it is the most horrible and antithetical form of self-medication. I still feel driven to it though when I'm struggling to cope. To be honest it, I don't know if I'm strong enough to abstain from these things completely if my condition disintegrates further, but I will relay this information to my GP tomorrow.

Hope it goes well with your GP today.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thinking of you today
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JamieW
    Hope your appointment went / goes ok ... we're here to vent at

Foxtail87
    Thank you all. Unfortunately I left it too late at work and will have to try to book tomorrow It was another very horrible day and was dominated by lots of bad thoughts. At lunchtime I felt scared about going home but find that now I'm here all I want to do is sleep and be unconscious for as long as possible. Permanent unconsciousness would be preferable.

Sorry that you didn't get that appointment - can you try again tomorrow?
    Sweetheart I do believe you need to try to prioritise getting that appointment because you deserve so much to be happy.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Foxtail87
    I will try again tomorrow. I couldn't sleep because when I closed my eyes everything felt very intense and overwhelming. I went for a short walk, but it didn't help very much.

There is a strong urge to cut or burn myself as I know from past experience that it can make it go away, albeit temporarily. Struggling to not act on that impulse. Really struggling.

Please try, I know it’s a coping method but it really isn’t a healthy one. We have a section on distraction techniques. Could you please take a look through as you may find something that helps http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....ht=Distraction

It’s so important you get that appointment - perhaps it’s necessary to take some sick leave?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Foxtail87
    Humm Maybe. I'd feel even more terrible for letting people down though it's crazy this time of year and everyone is working so hard.

I will definitely do my best to get in after work.

Foxtail87
    I am a f**king idiot.