Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

I would urge caution about just stopping..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How was Christmas for you?

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    How was Christmas for you?
    Very mixed .... spending time at home with family actually makes things worse .... i feel more isolated .... since i wrote that letter to wife about how i was it's simply not been brought up ... so i don't even know if she read it .... was kinda hoping she'd make the first move on that.
    She's acting though as if she's not though....

Dreading going back to work but don't wanna be at home ..... don't wanna be anywhere at the moment just alone

Tried planning a couple of fun activities over the holiday but let down by both friends and family on both of them - so just feeling why bother anymore
    Don't know what to do anymore - just don't wanna be here right now

I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish. Can you get to your Dr to tell them how bad you really are feeling?

JamieW
    I have appointment on 4th Jan with my regular doctor again - assuming they're back.
    I guess switching AD's didn't help - assuming the new ones aren't really 'working' yet so this could be a negative side effect? Worse before better?

OK remind me, how long have you been on meds, how quickly did you stop and change over? Remember it takes roughly 4 - 6 weeks for the anti d to get into your system, then the same length of time for each change - so you could be dealing with withdrawal and starting effects at the same time....

JamieW
    I'd been on citalopram 20mg for 8 weeks. Stopped over 5 days and took break for 3 days. Then started sertraline 50mg around 2 weeks ago

Then, yes, you’re probably struggling with both withdrawal and side effects from starting again. It’s going to be a few more weeks before you start feeling positive benefits, I’m afraid. It’s tough and you really need to be kind to yourself - rest where you can, try to do some positive things if you can. It does get better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What did you like to do before you got sick? Was it puzzles, reading, writing or anything like that? If you could do one thing today from your 'old' life what would that be? Try to do one thing today that you really miss. It might be going for a long walk or taking a run, whatever and when it's done you will have the satisfaction of saying today I did that. And I enjoyed it.

'Fraid it sounds like I thought it was - withdrawal and starting side effects, bear with it lovely...