Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

I think that's a really good step to take. But take it from me and tell her how things really are. If you have any feelings for her - tell her...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    I have tried.... i guess with this step at least if she's digested this bit it might at least make that big step smaller...
    I dunno .... i really don't know what i feel - it flips almost daily

Tell her that too. And then start keeping a mood diary.

JamieW
    Well I sent the email last night and included a few links to some common resources. Explained at high level how I was and how much I struggle still with both general mood and suicidal ideation
    Her response was very mixed... Partly serious but still ignoring a key point and saying something which winds me up
    Hopefully once I'm home this weekend we can find time to talk properly

Most people have absolutely no idea what’s the right thing to say in these situations. Remember, she’s not in your head and probably doesn’t know how to react and what the key point is. Now you’ve opened up to her a bit you can both start trying to work out how you can help each other through this.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

What did she say to wind you up?

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What did she say to wind you up?
    Doesn't matter - it's possible she responded out of reaction before actually reading it all anyway .... so i'll let it drop
    Interactions today are back to as if nothing's happened .... so again ... just don't know if it's sinking in or whether i'm just being over sensitive....

I've never been one to ask much of others for myself .... i've never cried for attention (not directly anyway) .... i guess i just want 'something' .... acknowledgement .... something .... i dunno

JamieW
    Might also be a bit of withdrawal today .... probably only had maybe 20% of the dosage that i would normally have no for the week before starting the sertraline this coming Saturday

Feeling a bit irritable.... got headache today and feeling overall a bit drained ..... and no - i'm not going out for the 'class dinner' tonight
    Just feeling crappy from snuffles still and headache .... think its catching up with me .
    Probably haven't drunk enough water either ..... since it's not cheap in the office

Sounds like withdrawal to me .... big hugs, Jamie, I know how tough changing ADs is
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JamieW
    Thanks. Body is suffering. Sinus cold has come back too today. Just want some time out ...