Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

thisisme
    Jamie is it this week you’ve got your work hotel stay? How’s that going?

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisme View Post
    Jamie is it this week you’ve got your work hotel stay? How’s that going?
    Hi - yes - arrived pretty late last night .... so just went to the subway next door for 'dinner' and crashed out
    I'm ok at work ... i seem to switch into a different mode ... sat next to someone who i actually know which is nice
    Not sure whether i'll go out tonight though ... just pretty tired still from the week off ill last week and the remaining symptoms (sinuses + sneezes) .... so just don't have the energy and want to try and use this time to recoup

Are you eating and drinking enough?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Yes thank you Suzi .... had hotel breakfast, pea soup for lunch then got some nibbles from supermarket on way back to hotel ... Not drinking as much water as i do when i'm home (usually drink many litres at home) but definitely had a good amount.

Don't feel anything from the lower ad dosage yet ... we'll see how it goes this week

Glad that you're eating and drinking enough - although are nibbles ok for dinner?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Glad that you're eating and drinking enough - although are nibbles ok for dinner?
    I'm fine - i am controlling what i eat because i am, after many years, caring about my intake .... so yes ... what i ate was sufficient for what i allocation i had left
    I track my intake on a site, myfitnesspal, have done all year....
    Food, at the moment, is the only thing i actually feel in-control of ... everything else is all over the place .... tried talking to my wife again at the weekend about how i was doing and she just doesn't get it still ... she always tried to make light of the situation or make jokes ... whether its her only way of response i dunno but it doesn't help

It's difficult for others to understand when we can't find the words ourselves. Perhaps show your wife your posts here. You've explained yourself very well here. She might learn something here that she doesn't already know that might give her a further insight into how you are feeling.

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    It's difficult for others to understand when we can't find the words ourselves. Perhaps show your wife your posts here. You've explained yourself very well here. She might learn something here that she doesn't already know that might give her a further insight into how you are feeling.
    I think it would be too much for her to read what i've written .... i think it would shock her as i've been a lot more blunt on here than i appear to anyone near me

Like i said on my original post in this thread ... i'm scared to talk to my parents now - given what they said when my mom got rushed to hospital....
    My wife and i just don't spend much time 'talking' .... when the kids are finally in bed asleep its usually past 9 and we both want some space ....
    Just feels like there's so little love or caring between us these days .... i'm kinda scared myself that i don't love her as much anymore.... we don't have a love life anymore - i don't want to be intimate - just don't feel passion towards her

Depression (and ADs) have an effect on libido. It’s a common effect that most struggle with so your lack of intimacy with you wife is very possibly for that reason rather than you not wanting her.

These are the things your wife needs to know - most people who haven’t had to deal with depression don’t get that the symptoms are often physical as well as mental. To get through this as a family, she needs to know what you’re going through. Without knowing this, she can’t help you.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JamieW
    I've decided to write a letter instead..... i feel like i can write it 100x better than having that conversation face-to-face ..... since i'm away from home for a couple more nights then she's got time to read / digest / process it without the pressure of me staring at her or trying to have a conversation with one or both of crying / breaking down and it ending up a mess where i just end up clamming up

I know its not as personal but i think i just need to say it at this point .... once that step is done then maybe she'll have a clearer understanding of how things are right now