Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

JamieW
    Got back from doctors ..... on the roundabout again...

Been switched away from SSRI's since i'm getting strong reaction and bruxism at night which is causing me to chew my tongue & cheek badly

He's moved me onto Mirtazapine 15mg
    Not particularly happy about the likely appetite stimulant side-effect since i'm already very overweight and part of my mental battle has been trying to remedy that situation .... so making me hungry is going to make depression worse if i stop losing weight because of this as it's already a strong part of my problem.

Or ..... mirtazapine is the drug you need for the depression to start lifting and it’ll be less of a slog for you to stick to your weight management programme.

Do you exercise? Could you increase the amount of exercise you do to counteract any increased appetite?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Or ..... mirtazapine is the drug you need for the depression to start lifting and it’ll be less of a slog for you to stick to your weight management programme.

Do you exercise? Could you increase the amount of exercise you do to counteract any increased appetite?
    I know .... glass is half full / empty mentality ....

I just fear getting massive hunger pangs etc.... its a weak area for me so fear is back...

I need to exercise more but motivation has been major problem .... mainly down to poor sleep / energy ... so one positive might be that the new meds could improve sleep and allow me to have more mental capacity / energy to get things done ...

Who knows

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Give them a try and see how you go. You can always ask about changing them if they don't work for you.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

JamieW
    Aye .. i will ... got a follow up appointment with doc in 3 weeks anyway....

Odd thing he was talking more about an SNRI but ended up with these...
    He was going to give me Venlafaxine i thought until i read the prescription

You could join me/us on a healthy eating and moving more thing? Many of us are trying to lose weight....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You could join me/us on a healthy eating and moving more thing? Many of us are trying to lose weight....
    Heathy eating thing i've been doing now for over a year .... lost getting on for 6 stone so far.
    Moving more..... that's my problem

Wow, that's an amazing weight loss!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Mirtazapine: May cause drowsiness on the box.....

What a HELL of an understatement..... should read "Will cause 10 hours of zombie like sleep followed with horrendous trouble waking up"

Late for work this morning cos i slept so solidly ..... now that's a nice thing ... cos sleep is a problem for me but wow..... these things just knock me the hell out
    Have to see how these go ... maybe i'll develop a tollerance for that element .

Ah yes, it does have that effect but it should, for the most part ease
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.