Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

I'm glad you're going to talk it all over with your Dr. That's really important. Let us know how you get on?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Just got one of the nurse practioners since it was a 'walk in' appointment .... Have switched onto Sertraline 50mg
    Didn't give me much in the way of advice/guidance on how to switch though ...

Absolute agony in my mouth today .... did a right bite on the tongue and took a massive chunk out and blood on the pillow
    Just such a stupid random side-effect but my tongue and cheek are a right mess now

Well done for going and talking to them.

I’m not surprised you don’t want to deal with that side effect. Can you get a telephone appt with a gp to talk about how to do the changeover?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

JamieW
    Well, she did give some vague advice about dropping to every other day for a week or so...

I've done some reading and looks like a reasonable approach would be to do that for a few days ... then maybe do 1/2 tablet (10mg) for a few more days then stop for a couple days before starting with the sertraline. Although there is some people that suggest that because both tablets are short-life SSRI's then a rapid changeover might be possible given they both have similar methods

Basically given the tablet has a 1/2 life of 36 hours then weaning off over a period of 5 1/2 lives seems the accepted approach.

Just remember that you are likely to have withdrawal and starting side effects at the same time - the more carefully you reduce it should help the side effects...

JamieW
    Think it should be ok to taper down over this week. Only been on couple months. Only just finished second box.
    Going to do 10mg every 2 days until Sunday then leave 1 day before starting again

That sounds sensible.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

It can be quite difficult so please be kind to yourself this week.

JamieW
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    It can be quite difficult so please be kind to yourself this week.
    Easier said than done ..... i'm usually pretty hard on myself - not really even sure anymore how to be kind to me.
    I've just had 10mg today ... nothing yesterday, 20mg on sunday .... so far so good (don't feel weird / off)
    Still disrupted my sleep last night with more tongue biting
    Hope this is one that doesn't re-manifest itself with Sertraline...