Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to talk to??? **su triggers**

Have fun!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sounds brilliant!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

JamieW
    Mom irritated me this morning.... was talking about the change in meds.... we were talking about meds in general as mom just started on some anti-coagulant type drugs.... i said about how i was feeling over past few days .... she then just says "think i'd rather just have depression"

I know it was probably said without too much thought but it does get to me that they don't really believe in this all.

Sweetheart unless you've lived with it you have no idea. I have no idea about how bad things have been for my husband, but I do have some understandings... I'm pleased that you've at least started talking to her about how you are feeling.

My husband didn’t have the first idea how to talk to me and help me when I became seriously ill. It took time and work from both of us to be able to understand each other (because I had to understand the impact my health has on him too). Now, though, we’re open and honest with each other and our relationship is stronger as a result.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Those who love us are often the last people who can understand how difficult it is to go through depression. I know that even though I was spending almost every day with my sister she found it very difficult to understand how sick I was. Just have patients and they will come round. They will learn how difficult it is for someone with depression to just get up and function day to day.

JamieW
    Don't know what to do ....

Tongue biting is back Tongue is now a mess again already
    Last week while i was coming off t he Citralopram for a couple days the symptoms of that went .... had the first peaceful nights sleep in weeks..... Now i'm on the Sertraline .... its back already
    So either it's a cause by the tablets themselves or by the increased levels of seratonin that the tablets cause

If its the latter then where does that leave me regarding treatment?

It may be something other than side effects like, for instance, stress. I’d suggest talking to your GP before making any decisions re treatment

I completely agree about talking to your GP. Can you call and ask for a telephone appointment.

JamieW
    I have never had this problem before in my life even when i was at worst .... started slowly and got worse as the weeks on the AD's progressed..... being off them for 3 days last week while i transitioned made it stop almost overnight ..... now i'm back on the sertraline it's come straight back again after a couple days.

Our surgery doesn't do phone appointments ..... plus you end up speaking with a nurse practioner anyway who i saw last week if you go in for the walk-in service.

She wasn't that bothered as its a high churn quick triage service .... it'll be weeks before i can get to see a doctor properly

Think i'm going to stop the meds .... can't cope with the pain over xmas and it'll just ruin whatever enjoyment i might derive