Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing weight and lithium

I've applied for a new job and have an interview in the New Year
    Update: I went to have my blood taken this morning and they were processed and the results back at the doctors this evening. My blood glucose levels are low and my Dr wants to talk to me about it on Wednesday 27th. Not sure what that means tbh. I've googled it and it could explain a lot. It might mean another blood test. It could be the lithium messing everything up. I don't eat enough or enough carbohydrates. It might mean carrying some glucose tablets or jelly babies in the glove compartment of the car

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    That doesn't sound like too much of a hardship - to have to carry around some jellies I mean. Well done on getting to your GP and getting those bloods done. It will be out of your mind now for the holidays.

Glad you've got the results back so fast! At least you have an answer to some things now - it could also explain the weight loss..

What's the job for? I hope the interview goes well lovely.
    Last edited by Suzi; 23-12-17 at 01:38 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Good luck with the interview for the new job Elizabeth.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Thank you. The low blood glucose levels could mean diabetes. It is rare to have low blood sugar and not be diabetic. If it is an ongoing thing then I will have to consult the dvla. The new job is in a brand new nursery about five minutes from where I live. I do want it to happen although it is quite nerve wracking. The interview is in the town where I was born and used to live so know it well. My numbers at work keep increasing without any extra help. If I get the job we will have to see what happens. I'm definitely ready to leave my existing job

It isn't out of my mind - quite the opposite but telephone consultation on the 27th December.

Sorry. I didn't mean to sound glib but good luck with your consultation on the 27th. Please try to enjoy Christmas and try to put your feet up at some stage over the few days.

If it is diabetes then it can be controlled. Not long to wait until you speak to your GP.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

You are a day nearer to hearing from your doctor. I hope Christmas eve is going well for you. Take care.

I've been given a blood glucose monitor from my GP. I saw the practice nurse and it took about an hour to explain that I have to test my blood four times a day for a week. So far I have been unable to get a blood sample so I'm going to try again tomorrow rather than wasting more lancets and testing strips. I will let you know how I get on.