Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing weight and lithium

Losing weight and lithium

I was wondering whether anyone has lost a lot of weight 2st and this has affected lithium levels and need adjustment in medication ? I have lost this weight and my lithium levels are being checked on Friday. I have a GP appointment next week. I feel fine now although I haven't put on or lost any more weight. I didn't have any appetite for a while but this has returned but no weight gain. I followed a recognised weight loss plan.

I wouldn’t worry about it. If there’s a problem with the bloods they’ll adjust the dose. If there isn’t a problem, obviously your body will have adjusted
    ‘When all else fails, use glitter instead’

That's a lot to have lost! Well done!
    As Paula says, I'm sure that it'll be sorted after the bloods, so try not to worry.

Thank you Suzi and Paula. I did not intend to lose all that weight but still within healthy range for my height. Weight loss has stabilised now although I'm still attending SW meetings. When I came back from Italy I was still losing weight and then I was ill so not a good combination. I'm very physical in my job so at the moment just burn off that calories. I don't have an enormous appetite either.

Glad you're stabilising.

Not stabilising just lost another 1lb. I will need to put on some weight or pay.

Person of great awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Have you found Slimming world helpful to loose the weight?

I wish I had that problem lol.... I know it is serious for you, and I'm sorry for joking about it.... Are you eating properly?

I lost most of my weight in the Summer nearly 2 stone but I have struggled to maintain or put on more weight. I'm going to the doctors as I hope something more sinister is not going on. I went for my blood test this morning but I felt dizzy and faint. I had had a bowl of porridge. I am going to the doctors next week.

I think it's a good idea to go to the Dr to get checked over lovely. I'm sure it'll be something easy and not sinister at all.