Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing weight and lithium

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Did you do anything to loose the weight? If you increased your exercise or reduced your calories then that would explain things.

I followed the slimming world programme. I lost the weight but I'm still losing and off the programme

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    I have found in the past that if I've been on a weight loss programme, it takes a while to remember how to eat 'normally ' again.

I've been to my GP who was very understanding regarding my weight loss. Lithium levels were fine so no change there. I am being sent for a whole range of blood tests to rule out physical illness such as anaemia, blood glucose levels, and bone density to name a few. I am worried that they might find something as I am still losing weight. Dr thinks I am doing too much but still in healthy weight for height and bmi. SW have been less understanding and I have been told to take a break. I refused to pay as per the rules. I am not allowed to join at the moment or to reset my 'target' I have worked two nine and a half hour days this week and there is no sign of them employing a helper for me.

Have you asked them for a helper?
    I'm glad your Dr is covering all bases and checking for everything - just in case. Although I'm sure that they are right and you are just doing too much!
    Sorry about SW, but I think taking a break sounds sensible.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn